XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Need to install bluetooth cell phone in XK8

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 09:00 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Redpoptop,
The part number I gave you above is for VIN up to A47460. Since you have a 2005, check your VIN, as you may need a different part numbr:
VIN A47461-48000 is part No. C2S43926; from VIN 48001+ is part No. C2S45699.

Hope you find it.
Barbara

The following users liked this post:
DaleD (02-17-2011)
Old 02-17-2011, 11:37 PM
Location: Marin County, CA, USA - Just north of San Francisco
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaggrnxk8
Redpoptop,
The part number I gave you above is for VIN up to A47460. Since you have a 2005, check your VIN, as you may need a different part numbr:
VIN A47461-48000 is part No. C2S43926; from VIN 48001+ is part No. C2S45699.

Hope you find it.
Barbara
Any chance of finding a similar unit for earlier models - say VIN 26000? MY 2002? I've been told my car is wired for a phone too, and all the controls seem to be in place! DaleD

Old 02-18-2011, 01:11 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Manny thaks for the information Jaggrnxk8, I will ordering the part next week

Regards

Redpoptop

Old 02-18-2011, 05:23 PM

DaleD,
I didn't see a bluetooth module for your VIN. The bluetooth option seems to show up for MY 2003 and later, starting at VIN A30645. Although I think they are all "wired" for the phone, unless you actually have a phone, you need 2 very important parts: the "portable Support Equipment or PSE, and the bluetooth module. The PSE is installed if you have a factory phone - even if its an analog phone that doesn't work any more. The PSE is the more expensive part ~$600, so aftermarket is best option if you don't already have the PSE. I've not been able to find an aftermarket unit or adapter that interfaces with the steering wheel and radio controls. You pretty much have to use the aftermarket controller and Mic. Sorry.

Barbara

DaleD (02-19-2011)
Old 02-19-2011, 12:42 AM
Location: Marin County, CA, USA - Just north of San Francisco
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

DaleD,
I didn't see a bluetooth module for your VIN. The bluetooth option seems to show up for MY 2003 and later, starting at VIN A30645. Although I think they are all "wired" for the phone, unless you actually have a phone, you need 2 very important parts: the "portable Support Equipment or PSE, and the bluetooth module. The PSE is installed if you have a factory phone - even if its an analog phone that doesn't work any more. The PSE is the more expensive part ~$600, so aftermarket is best option if you don't already have the PSE. I've not been able to find an aftermarket unit or adapter that interfaces with the steering wheel and radio controls. You pretty much have to use the aftermarket controller and Mic. Sorry.

Barbara
Thanks for the research Barbara. I was afraid that would be the answer.

(PS I grew up in Richmond (Ft. Bend County), near Galveston, and spent many a pleasant day and night out on West Beach - you could actually drive out to the water then!) DaleD

Old 02-19-2011, 12:55 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Woo Hoo! I found my answer. I now have Jaguar bluetooth! I weighed all the options, but none gave me the steering wheel controls, so I decided to try the Jaguar option. It was a little more expensive, but truely plug and play. I have the factory phone option, so I assumed I already had the PSE - I did! I purchased the bluetooth module from JaguarCenterparts.com for $170 and they got it to me within 3 days. I pulled out the old phone and plugged the bluetooth module into the same connector (didn't need the antenna plug). I was able to pair my blackberry and use all steering and radio controls. I wasn't sure it would work, but it did and I didn't have to cut a single wire!
Hi Barbara. I have a couple of questions. First off, my old 99XK8 (expired) had the old analog Motorola handset. My new 2000 XK8 does not. So,
1) How can I tell if I have the PSE installed.
2) If I do, is there a PnP INTERFACE-MODULE that would work with VIN 041998-A07948.
3) If I don't do you suppose a used PSE would work with my car and allow me to install the PnP factory bluetooth?
4) Obviously, you know a secret way to search for the factory bluetooth module part number on website you linked to. Can you please share how you got the correct part number?

Thanks, you have been a great help already.

Last edited by Nce Kty; 02-19-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:30 PM

NCE KTY, This forum has a wealth of information. The following thread has a link and instructions on how to load the Jaguar Electronics Parts Catalog (JEPC): https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=48052
For the MY2000, the PSE was in the center console, under the tray that holds the handset. It appears smaller than newer ones and is connected directly to the handset. In 2003, they moved the PSE behind the rear seat, and is tied into the CD, Nav system, etc, so may be completely different than earlier models. I haven't reviewed the earlier wiring diagrams since I have a 2004, that's the only wiring diagram I've reviewed, so I don't know if the connections are similar enough to allow you to connect a 2003 PSE/bluetooth into the earlier model vehicles, considering how its tied to the other systems, may not be interchangeable.

Nce Kty (02-19-2011)
Old 02-19-2011, 08:17 PM

NCE KTY, This forum has a wealth of information. The following thread has a link and instructions on how to load the Jaguar Electronics Parts Catalog (JEPC): https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=48052
For the MY2000, the PSE was in the center console, under the tray that holds the handset. It appears smaller than newer ones and is connected directly to the handset. In 2003, they moved the PSE behind the rear seat, and is tied into the CD, Nav system, etc, so may be completely different than earlier models. I haven't reviewed the earlier wiring diagrams since I have a 2004, that's the only wiring diagram I've reviewed, so I don't know if the connections are similar enough to allow you to connect a 2003 PSE/bluetooth into the earlier model vehicles, considering how its tied to the other systems, may not be interchangeable.
Thanks a million. I'll download the electronics catalog; it's one that I somehow missed earlier.

Very helpful!

Old 02-19-2011, 08:39 PM
Received 60 Likes on 48 Posts

I installed the Jaguar phone installed in my 2000 XKR & the PSE box for it was mounted in the trunk below the trunk latch. The wiring for the earlier cars is not compatible with the later cars so we are unable to use the factory bluetooth module. If your car had the V60 Motorola phone you can upgrade to bluetooth, however given the price at the time very few people opted for the Jaguar phone. As a note they were all a dealer installed. I eventually went with the Parrott unit.

Old 02-22-2011, 02:00 PM
Received 151 Likes on 106 Posts

Yes, MY2000 PSE is in the trunk. It is not necessary for aftermarket bluetooth install like a Parrott, You do need to make some jumpers between the two connectors in the trunk so as to enable the 10 pin connector in the console.

Old 02-23-2011, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by stevepaa
Yes, MY2000 PSE is in the trunk. It is not necessary for aftermarket bluetooth install like a Parrott, You do need to make some jumpers between the two connectors in the trunk so as to enable the 10 pin connector in the console.
This is great information, Steve. Can you please expand on how you did this? A good tutorial (with pix if available) would certainly be embraced by many MY 2000 forum members who wish to avoid a lot of cable clipping and add-on equipment. If we can use the Jag OEM Bluetooth transmitter/receiver for a reasonable price, it sounds like a great way to go!

Last edited by Nce Kty; 02-23-2011 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Added model year.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:20 PM
Received 151 Likes on 106 Posts

MY 2000 XK8
Connector RT3 is under the center console and is where you will pick up all the connections for Bluetooth. RT3 is a 10 pin type 070 multi-lock connector plug AMP 174465-1 with mating connector receptacle AMP 174932-1. The 174465-1 plug uses 173630-1pins (or similar) and the 174932-1 receptacle uses 175030-1 pins (or similar)
The connectors in the trunk RT2 and RT5 are type 040 connectors with 12 and 16 pins respectively. Both RT2 and RT5 have wires that lead directly to RT3 so you need to jump wires between the two connectors to enable the pins in RT3. Use pins 173682-1 for jumpers.
Connections to RT3
RT5-8 connects to RT3-1
RT5-13 connects to RT3-2
RT5-7 connects to RT3-3
RT5-4 connects to RT3-4
RT5-3 connects to RT3-5
RT2-8 connects to RT3-6
RT5-12 connects to RT3-7
RT2-6 connects to RT3-8
RT2-1 connects to RT3-9
RT5-14 connects to RT3-10

The signal lines you need are
+ 12v battery brown/red stripe RT2-10
+ 12v ignition green RT2-2
mute white with black stripe RT5-5
audio + blue RT5-10
audio - blue with yellow stripe RT5-11
mic + yellow RT2-11
mic - braid RT2-12
ground black RT2-4

jumpers to mimic RT3 connector pin location for other years
for audio - on RT3-1 jump RT5-11 to RT5-8
for audio + on RT3-2 jump RT5-10 to RT5-13
for mute on RT3-3 jump RT5-5 to RT5-7
for mic + on RT3-4 jump RT2-11 to RT5-4
for mic – on RT3-5 jump rt2-12 to RT5-3
for ground on RT3-6 jump RT2-4 to RT2-8
for 12 v bat on RT3-8 jump RT2-10 to RT2-6
for 12 v ign on RT3-10 jump RT2-2 to RT5-14

I have mating connector to 10 pin console connector and pins. PM if you want some at minimal cost.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Parrot ck3100 installation in 2001 xkr

Finally got the parrot CK3100 installed in my 2001 XKR, it works a treat. I decided to buy the SOT-065 connection harnes (its for a hyundai !) but does fit to the 14 pin connector under the centre armrest. I had to remove all the pins from the femail adapter for connection to the parrot unit and re arranged them acording to the pin out posted earlier by stevepaa. To save cutting wires on the parrot mic, I removed the 2 pin connector for the mic in the overhead consol and installed a female mono mini jack plug - plugged in the mini jack plug on the parrot mic and all worked fine. By doing this i saved time and the risk of damaging things in trying to route the mic wire wre back to the parrot control unit. I managed to fit all the parrot equipment under the centre armrest insert - a tight fit but i managed it. Would like to thank everyone who has had imput to this thread - been a great help especially stevepaa for the pin out wiring info.
Cheers, endressen

Old 10-12-2011, 06:35 AM
Default Parrot 3100 installation

beach ; Its not easy but working carefully you will win. First i assume you have the yellow 14 pin connector under the centre consol (NOT 10 pin). looking at the pin connector face on with the bevelled edges of the plastic connector at the top, the pin numbers are as follows; working top left to top right 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. then bottom right to left;7, 8, 9, 10, 11. (the last three pins on the bottom left are not connected.) Suggest you make a sketch showing the numbers as the sot 065 connector will be connected using these pin numbers. Suggest you also mark the wires you will be using, it does get a bit confusing but take your time and double check as you go. You now need to connect the male section of the 14 pin sot 065 connector to the parrot, how you achieve this doesnt really matter but you need to end up with the following wires connected. First connect the parrot mute cable using only the thin green and thin brown wire plus the yellow wire with the bullet connector (cut the bullet connector off:
Sot 065 14 pin male connector to Parrot
pin6 (mute) to parrot Yellow wire
pin7 (audio +) to parrot Green wire
pin8 (Audio -) to parrot Brown wire
Now connect the parrot power cable, you will first need to remove the parrot power lead connector, then connect as follows ;
Sot 065 14 pin male connector to Parrot
pin11 (earth/ground) to parrot Black wire
pin5 (ignition) to parrot Orange wire
pin4 (battery) to parrot Red wire
You are now ready to connect the Parrot to the car and give it a try (over to you but a final check may be in order). Remember the car ignition needs to be on to power up. Once you know that everything works, you can start carefully placing everything under the center console. It is possible to fit the parrot blue box etc down the side of the center consol cubby hole box before re installing it, its a tight sqeeze but I managed it. By feeding the parrot control/screen wire out from under the center console and along under the trim at the side of the gearbox, you can place it where you can see and reach it easily.
Using pins 1, 2, and 3 in the 14 pin center consol connector it is possible to use the car wiring loom to connect the microphone up in the overhead console without having to feed the parrot mic wire through, however it depends where you want to place your mic.
Sorry I could not be more specific with exactly what I did when modifying the sot 065 lead, I do know that I ended up with a lot of spare connectors that were not required. BE VERY CAREFULL TO GET THE ORIENTATION OF THE SOT065 MALE CONNECTOR PIN NUMBERS THE SAME AS THE 14 PIN CENTER CONSOL CONNECTOR
Good luck.

Last edited by endressen; 10-12-2011 at 07:38 AM. Reason: re space wire/pin numbers plus a few alterations
Old 10-15-2011, 11:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Endressen,
Thanks for the great info.
The SOT-065 has a male and female end. The female end accepts the two connectors from the Parrot unit. Did you use these female connectors? Or did you cut them off and splice the wires?
-beach

Old 10-15-2011, 02:20 PM

Beach, as I said I do not recall exactly how I achieved the connection, however I did not splice any wires. I recall I managed to remove the pins/wire from the various connectors and re connect them to the required connector. I used a very thin screw driver to remove the pins/wires, push it down at the back of the pin from the wire side, be carefull not slip and stick the screwdriver in your hand (once you manage to remove one pin, you will see the little lug which protrudes at the back of the pin connector and holds the pin in place, it will be easier then to remove the next ones). Suggest you practice on removing the pins from the connectors you dont need. However cutting and splicing the wires shouldnt be a problem providing you make a good connection and insulate the splice carefully.
Good luck, Endressen.

Old 10-15-2011, 02:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,988 Likes on 2,125 Posts

NOTE- These comments apply to the Parrot MKi9100, not the CK3100!

I have done this a few times. Endressen, I assume that you are connecting to the line level (+ and -) outputs of the Parrot...that is the Brown and WHITE pair, not brown and green as you show.

Also, this will work great if all you want is handsfeee phone, but if you want to use the Parrot's Auxiliary audio features, this connection setup will give you only mono music, and not very good mono at that.

If you want quality stereo music, you need to connect the Parrot line level outputs (both sets) though a PIE ALP AI-AUX interface. Then instead of using the line level outputs for the phone interface, you use one of the speaker outputs connected to the telephone audio input connector through a line level converter.

Last edited by WhiteXKR; 10-17-2011 at 06:31 AM. Reason: NOTE- These comments apply to the Parrot MKi9100, not the CK3100!
Old 10-15-2011, 02:50 PM
Veteran Member

Also, if you purchase this hyundai adapter ( Buy SOT-065 Hyundai ISO Parrot Adaptor Cable online at Nexxia Parrot SOT Adaptors&section=Car Audio )

you get the SOT-065 with wires on it. You can cut it off (and discard the rest of the connectors and wires) and splice it into the Parrot cable..that way you do not have to cut any wires in your car if you prefer not to.

Last edited by WhiteXKR; 10-15-2011 at 03:02 PM.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:28 AM

Do not want to confuse anyone, but the UK purchased Parrot 3100 line out audio + and audio - are shown in the manual as green + and brown -, mute is yellow. These colours are also as per my own wiring connection notes, so can only assume that perhaps the U.S. ones are brown and white ? As i only wanted the bluetooth phone I did not take the installation further. However if "beach" wants to do this he could perhaps follow-up with you to get more details.
Cheers, endressen

Old 10-16-2011, 07:05 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by endressen
Do not want to confuse anyone, but the UK purchased Parrot 3100 line out audio + and audio - are shown in the manual as green + and brown -, mute is yellow. These colours are also as per my own wiring connection notes, so can only assume that perhaps the U.S. ones are brown and white ? As i only wanted the bluetooth phone I did not take the installation further. However if "beach" wants to do this he could perhaps follow-up with you to get more details.
Cheers, endressen
NOTE- These comments apply to the Parrot MKi9100, not the CK3100!

Perhaps they changed it somewhere along the line?....here is the manual, and it is shown now as brown/white (see page 5). http://www.parrot.com/fr/support/gui...r-guide_en.pdf

Last edited by WhiteXKR; 10-17-2011 at 06:32 AM. Reason: NOTE- These comments apply to the Parrot MKi9100, not the CK3100!

Quick Reply: Need to install bluetooth cell phone in XK8