Old 08-22-2019, 02:00 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Need Part# LJA 6332AG windows/mirrors toggle switch

Best place to buy? Best price I have about $155

2007 XK8 90k miles
soon to be sold

Old 08-22-2019, 03:18 PM
Received 176 Likes on 114 Posts

I was just searching youtube for the power window reset procedure last night and saw this youtube video that says that particular switch is available in another Ford vehicle possibly at a cheaper price.

Just in case you were wanting the switch without the price.

I just personally looked for this myself and I wasn't able to find the switch immediately using google. Maybe someone can chime in if they know what other vehicles use this exact same switch and trim.

I know that another car uses this switch because the previous owner of my car sourced that switch and it had a wiring harness for a different car on it.

Old 08-22-2019, 03:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 925 Likes on 456 Posts

I had this problem in the spring and was not able to find a cheap replacement. The one I pulled from the junkyard was even worse than the one I had in the car, which was not operational. The reason is mentioned in threads before, it can get wet more easily than, say, the console. So, removed board using

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...control-63646/

Figured out which traces were dead (simple board, traces are visible) with an ohmmeter. I jumpered the dead traces on the board. Put back in, and everything worked.

Saved about $150 in parts.

Cost about $1000 in my time (not counting the expensive electronics soldering iron I already had).

The fun was priceless...

Last edited by crbass; 08-22-2019 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Periods are important.
The following users liked this post:
Johnken (08-22-2019)
Old 08-22-2019, 03:43 PM

This is a good point, my mind immediately assumed he didnt have switches yet and was trying to source them. For some reason they were not in my car when i bought them.

Old 08-22-2019, 03:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 925 Likes on 456 Posts

Mad Hatter, I'm skeptical about the Mondeo tidbit when it comes to the mirror control. That looks like the picture below, I think, for mk1,2. I tried to find that too based on "Secrets of the XK8", but to no avail. The window switch does not appear to be a drop in replacement either.

Of course, there could be something else.

Old 08-22-2019, 03:59 PM

I linked the video that i screencapped just below the image. The guy claims that those switches were used in mondeos, I tried googling and finding the switch he was talking about and didnt have any luck. I do believe that some other vehicle is using this switch, as the one that my PO provided me with has a different vehicles wiring harness plugged into it and snipped. No idea what it actually came off of though. I imagine a ford of some variety.

EDIT: Yeah i think the guy is just completely wrong. The switch likely exists in some other car, but i don't see it in any of the fords of that era.

Last edited by Mad Hatter; 08-22-2019 at 04:11 PM.
Old 08-22-2019, 10:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,319 Likes on 1,004 Posts

Mike to be of any help we need a little bit more info. What xk8 model year are you looking for. The part number you list is it from numbers on the assembly itself? The part number is no joy in any of the available electronic parts manuals. If it is from the assembly then it isn't a part number.
The Mondeo is often equated to be a cheap version of the Jaguar X-Type but even if the parts could interchange there are no Mondeo's that ever came to the US. The video is for a right hand drive European model and would not work for a left hand drive US model.
So lets start with the model year and the last six digits of the VIN. The switch is VIN sensitive.
I would recommend an EBAY search for XK8, XKR, XJ8 and XJR they all used the same switch. You need to get the part that is similar to what you have. Mine has a rocker for left/right selection and others have a dial.
If you don't have an old switch at all then you are going to have to hit wrecking yards and find one that has a matching plug to what you have.

The following users liked this post:
Johnken (08-23-2019)
Old 08-22-2019, 11:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,419 Likes on 755 Posts
Default Enjoyeverysandwich has a spare

Send a private message to Enjoyeverysandwich.

I sent him the switch pack from my scrap donor car, as he only wanted the plastic rocker cover window switch.

Can’t vouch if the switch pack works though.

Old 08-23-2019, 11:17 AM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by avern1
Mike to be of any help we need a little bit more info. What xk8 model year are you looking for. The part number you list is it from numbers on the assembly itself? The part number is no joy in any of the available electronic parts manuals. If it is from the assembly then it isn't a part number.
The Mondeo is often equated to be a cheap version of the Jaguar X-Type but even if the parts could interchange there are no Mondeo's that ever came to the US. The video is for a right hand drive European model and would not work for a left hand drive US model.
So lets start with the model year and the last six digits of the VIN. The switch is VIN sensitive.
I would recommend an EBAY search for XK8, XKR, XJ8 and XJR they all used the same switch. You need to get the part that is similar to what you have. Mine has a rocker for left/right selection and others have a dial.
If you don't have an old switch at all then you are going to have to hit wrecking yards and find one that has a matching plug to what you have.
LJA6332AG is the Jaguar part number. List price is $184.00
Harper has it for $153.27 but shipping like two weeks and I wanted it sooner.
eBay has them but only used and all used ones are like dead as this part always fails
UPDATE: Anyway I ordered it from HARPER the best I could find. These switches fail so often I would never buy a used one.
Thanks for all the input.

Last edited by MikeofBonsall; 08-23-2019 at 11:58 AM.
Old 08-23-2019, 12:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,319 Likes on 1,004 Posts

Mike you are correct. Unfortunately I typed in the inquiry based on the way you listed and with the space it would not come up. Comes up fine without the space. My bad.
The parts suppliers I use all have it as special order 5 to 7 day delivery from $121.00 to $165.00.