XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Need Sensor C2 N1308 for 2003 XK8

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2022, 11:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Sensor C2 N1308 for 2003 XK8

Boy, what a mess this is. I bought a used 2003 convertible Jaguar XK8 around 2011. Only had 30K miles on it and it really nice shape. 11 years later, has 80K miles and is still in great shape.

Driving home yesterday from a local park here in the foothills near Sacramento CA and system failure message comes on and car stops. Restarted and managed to get it home; was just a few miles away. Got it towed to shop and they tell me it's a simple thing and not costly, but they literally can't find the part. So if I can't get the part, it can't be fixed. It appears there are three sensors related to this area of the car, or maybe I'm misunderstanding. Anyhow, two of the three can be found, but this specific one can't be found. Do you guys have any suggestions, or leads for me to obtain this? It's Part Number: C2 N1308.

Thank you.

Zafu

Old 11-29-2022, 12:06 PM

Meant to title this "For" XK8, not "Or". Couldn't edit. For more info. please see below. Thank you.

Old 11-29-2022, 01:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,434 Likes on 1,572 Posts

Hi - there's a used one here:
https://www.autoreservejaguar.com/ja...al-sensor.html

...and they will ship worldwide.

Are you sure that's the part you need? The DTCs you've illustrated refer to the throttle position sensor, not the accelerator pedal one?

What code(s) is the car throwing?

Old 11-29-2022, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by michaelh
Hi - there's a used one here:
https://www.autoreservejaguar.com/ja...al-sensor.html

...and they will ship worldwide.

Are you sure that's the part you need? The DTCs you've illustrated refer to the throttle position sensor, not the accelerator pedal one?

What code(s) is the car throwing?
You are very kind. Thank you. I am only conveying what I was told by shop. Here's more pics.

Old 11-29-2022, 04:00 PM
Veteran Member

OK so it is the throttle position sensor, which is attached to the side of the throttle body rather than the accelerator pedal.

Unfortunately, Jaguar never supplied this as a separate item:- it was only possible to buy a complete replacement throttle body at an eye-watering cost.
There are replacements available for earlier cars, but some are knockoff copies of the original part, and useless.

It would do no harm to clean the sensor connector and clear the P0121 code, if your shop hasn't already done so, but you may need to source a replacement complete throttle body, which is part # C2C20577.

The OEM part number should be printed on the sensor - can you post it back here? It *might* be the same as the one fitted to the later 4.0 litre non-supercharged cars and can be sourced, albeit with some difficulty.

Others on the forum with better knowledge of the 4.2L will be able to offer more advice.

Old 11-29-2022, 05:07 PM

OK so it is the throttle position sensor, which is attached to the side of the throttle body rather than the accelerator pedal.

Unfortunately, Jaguar never supplied this as a separate item:- it was only possible to buy a complete replacement throttle body at an eye-watering cost.
There are replacements available for earlier cars, but some are knockoff copies of the original part, and useless.

It would do no harm to clean the sensor connector and clear the P0121 code, if your shop hasn't already done so, but you may need to source a replacement complete throttle body, which is part # C2C20577.

The OEM part number should be printed on the sensor - can you post it back here? It *might* be the same as the one fitted to the later 4.0 litre non-supercharged cars and can be sourced, albeit with some difficulty.

Others on the forum with better knowledge of the 4.2L will be able to offer more advice.
That's a great suggestion. I shared your link for that part with my Euro Motor mechanic and he said that's the right one, so I went ahead and ordered it. Do you still think that's the correct part?

Really appreciate your input here. You literally saved my behind. It's a difficult part to find.

Oh, here's my mechanics remarks to your post and link.

"that code relates to the throttle position sensor and the accelerator position sensor. We tested both sensors independently, the accelerator sensor (p/n: C2 N1308) is the one that is testing no good. The one you sent looks like the correct one! That is what it looks like. I verified the vin as well. They are using a different part number which is probably why i couldnt find it."

Last edited by Zafu; 11-29-2022 at 05:12 PM.
Old 11-30-2022, 09:24 AM
Veteran Member

I'd expect the car to throw one of these codes if it thinks there's an APP (pedal position sensor) problem:- perhaps the Autel doesn't read them as they're manufacturer-specific?:

... but DTCs are a guide, rather than an absolute pointer to the broken part...

Please let us know how you get on.

Old 11-30-2022, 10:02 AM

Thank you @michaelh I'll update you, though will likely be a few weeks or so until the part arrives. Again, really appreciate your help.

Happy holidays to you and yours.

Zafu

Old 11-30-2022, 11:39 AM
Veteran Member

Please do - I think this is a new one.

Good luck and all the best to you and yours too.

The following users liked this post:
Zafu (03-29-2023)
Old 03-29-2023, 11:07 AM

Please do - I think this is a new one.

Good luck and all the best to you and yours too.
Hi Michaelh,

I circled back today to recall the issues I previously had and see I never circled back; thought i had. That sensor worked and all has been well, until a few days ago that-is, but may not be related.

I was driving and similar thing happened, engine went off and message came up "DSC Fault". I pulled over, and googled it, to learn it's likely a voltage issue from the battery; meaning bad battery or connection, or something like that. Odd, because I replaced the batter in December of 2020, so it's only 2 1/2 years old. Anyway, going to tow it to shop Monday and have them sort it out.

Cheers,

Zafu