Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Body Kit c/w DRL LED's Lights - Check This Out

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 07:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,261 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by jagxkrtoofast
So the LED Lights shipped to the USA cost 650 euro which is about $887.
And I bet they're not glass. Our OEM headlights are actual glass, so they don't get all hazy after a few years (something Jag did right).

Old 09-28-2011, 12:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Reverend Sam
I just noticed the movie that they have on their website. After watching that I like it a lot better. Here's the link:

GRANTLEYDESIGN Jaguar XK8 XKR body styling kit bumpers Jaguar xk side skirts lights and vents movie
ew

I actually like the 97 look the best but I got the 05 because I think it's a nice update that is very youthful, modern and much more sporty in apperance... but that video even makes me like it less. Way too much body bling for my tastes.

That being said, I'm starting to like the 2010 updates to the 07 XKR body a lot. I never thought I'd think that lol

Old 09-28-2011, 01:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 477 Posts

The way the lights are done are very similar to a lot of aftermarket lights over here in the UK, and these dont look much different, most seem to use Ford Focus projector lights fixed into a housing, this is because they come with adjusters, I don't think they are bad money, demand will be a lot lower than that for your typical boy racer mobile.
Think I would like to see them in the flesh and how good the fit was, or much closer picture. At the end of the day a pair of these are still cheaper than one standard unit from Jaguar and you have something that looks a little different, even if it does not have auto adjust and washer (that is no loss)

Old 09-30-2011, 08:29 PM
Banned
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Here are the pics they sent me

Old 10-03-2011, 12:39 AM
Banned

So who is going to be buying there pair ?

Old 10-03-2011, 05:20 AM
Veteran Member

So who is going to be buying there pair ?

I nominate you!!!

Old 10-04-2011, 01:56 PM
Banned

What you think about the lights ?

Old 10-04-2011, 03:38 PM
Received 112 Likes on 56 Posts

What you think about the lights ?
Me thinks someone might be affiliated with the manufacturer

Old 10-04-2011, 03:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 539 Likes on 402 Posts

Those little pixie light thingies are likely to be the latest and greatest craze until they are not.

Doug

Old 10-04-2011, 03:59 PM
Veteran Member

I think they missed a trick, they should of gone up the bonnet/hood line as well, they would of looked similar to the latest XK (2012) lights.

But on the whole I think they are a good effort, just not for me

Old 10-04-2011, 07:38 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by SeismicGuy
Those little pixie light thingies are likely to be the latest and greatest craze until they are not.

Doug
I agree. They are going to be like the pop up headlights. Pop up headlights were all the rage for about 10 years. Now, if you see a car with pop up headlights it's a pretty sure bet it's from the 1980s, unless it's an older Vette, of course.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 139 Likes on 95 Posts

I want to get the new LED Lights
I want them too where can we get them without the body kit BERNIE

Old 10-04-2011, 09:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 139 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Frog
The LEDs look really feeble. Not the high-power Luxeon LEDs Audis have, for example.
After looking at the headlights again I agree I think we have to wait a little longer after all the technology is still quite new .Someone will come up with them there seems to be a lot of interest. Bernie

Old 10-04-2011, 10:13 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by SeismicGuy

I am afraid they will be around for a lot longer, DRLs as they are known (Daytime Running Lights) are now Law as of Feb 2011, around early 2012 all commercial vehicles will have to have them. (Not sure if this also applies to the US but it is in Europe)
I also appreciate this only applies to new model vehicles, but many people/companies make kits (me included) to convert older vehicles to them.

So a fad I think not, if the so called 'powers that be' think they are a safety feature then it wont be long before the insurance companies will think so too, having them fitted may reduce your premiums

Old 10-04-2011, 11:40 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Reverend Sam
I agree. They are going to be like the pop up headlights. Pop up headlights were all the rage for about 10 years. Now, if you see a car with pop up headlights it's a pretty sure bet it's from the 1980s, unless it's an older Vette, of course.
And let's not forget about tail lights. First everyone got excited when they were multi-colored (red, yellow, white) rather than just red. Then someone decided the yellow didn't look good so that became white. Then someone decided no colors looked good so along came blackouts. Then suddenly someone decided the covers should be clear so you can see the shiny chrome reflectors below. Then multiple colors came back again with the chrome turned down a notch. Then suddenly chrome wasn't so cool looking but little bright led's were.

You will never catch me in a car with daylight running lights. The first thing I would do is figure a way to turn them off!

Doug

Old 10-05-2011, 01:56 AM
Banned

DRL LEDs are the future. Im considering getting these lights soon.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:23 AM
Veteran Member

As far as I'm concerned DRL's are the quintessential example of nanny-statism run amuck. If some bureaucrats came to the conclusion that cars were too difficult to see in the daytime and that they needed lights on in the front, then why not require a strings of lights along the sides of the car? In fact, if cars are all that difficult to discern in the daytime, wouldn't it make more sense to have Daylight Walking Lights for pedestrians! Surely it is more difficult to see a pedestrian than another car. So a law needs to be passed to require pedestrians to wear strings of little lights to make sure they will be spotted by drivers. Even better, the lights should flash to really catch attention.

As ridiculous as this sounds, I am sure there are some nanny-bureaucrats who have already considered this!

Doug

Old 10-05-2011, 02:34 PM
Veteran Member

100% in agreement about the nanny state comment.

My company sells fire alarm systems for commercial and industrial buildings. When the Americans with Disabilities act was passed it gave various federal agencies the authority to enact all sorts of rules. One of those rules is that fire alarm strobe lights all have to be synchronized. The theory was that if the lights aren't synchronized someone with epilepsy might have a seizure if the strobe lights were all flashing at different times. It didn't make any difference that in the entire history of fire alarm strobe lights there had never been a single instance of someone having a seizure from the strobes. A bureaucrat decided it was a possibility, therefore all strobes had to be synchronized. My former company made millions upon millions of dollars because of that rule, as did many other alarm companies. Any time there was a renovation all of the existing strobes had to be torn out and replaced with ones that could be synchronized. So while my former company made a lot of money because of the rule, everyone else paid. It increased the cost of construction. It increased the cost of doing renovations. And there's no evidence that it ever benefited anyone.

Old 10-05-2011, 02:40 PM
Veteran Member

Here is a link to a good discussion about these:

DADRL - The Story of Daytime Running Lights

Do you notice that when it comes to nanny-state bureaucratic things like this, it always seems to start in countries where the populace has already rolled over and found it easier for the State to make their decisions--for a price, of course. Sadly, the trend is soon coming to a country near you.

Doug

Old 02-21-2012, 12:52 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default What Wheel Are on XKRacer's Verendum Styled XK

XK Racer - the wheels on that car look like Aston Martin or Jaguar Kasuga wheels - can you tell me what they are - thanks!

Also- are spacers used?

What is the cost of the kit?

Thanks

Quick Reply: New Body Kit c/w DRL LED's Lights - Check This Out