XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

New rims and tires! But they didn't fit at first...

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 01:39 AM
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default New rims and tires! But they didn't fit at first...

Bought some new 20" rims, Beyern Rapp silver with mirror cut lip. Also bought new tires, 245/35 in the front, 245/40 in the rear.

NOTE: I bought these because one online web site said they were compatible with my car, but upon trying to mount them, the center hole was too small for the hub. I measured and found they were off by about 1.6mm in diameter, so less than a millimeter in radius! After much consideration, I ultimately took a router with a carbide tip and shaved a bit off the rims and they fit like a glove and are still hub-centric unlike many aftermarket wheels. Feel free to ask me any questions you may have about this process.

I was worried a bit about offset and clearance as these are bigger rims and my car is already lowered. But I found a great site where you can put in the specs on two different rims and tires and compare--a MUST if you're changing sizes: Custom wheels, rim tire packages

One surprise is how much better the ride is with these over my old wheels. The offset looks better, and there's no rubbing front or back. Rims were $1188 shipped for the set of 4, all 20x8.5, and the tires were $325 for all 4 shipped.

Attached Thumbnails New rims and tires!  But they didn't fit at first...-car1.jpg   New rims and tires!  But they didn't fit at first...-car2.jpg  

Last edited by TheBaltimoron; 09-30-2017 at 01:54 AM.