Sponsored by:

Newbie needs advice for purchase

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 02:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 539 Likes on 402 Posts
Default RE: Newbie needs advice for purchase

ORIGINAL: Jack Rabbit

The AutoSource warranty was provided by the Dealership for an additional $1500. I believe the unlimited mileage warranty I have is only available through approved Dealerships, according to the AutoSource web site. The best part about the warranty is it is transferable if I ever sell the car.

http://www.aswarranty.com/plans.shtml

As for your Wife, why would you think she'll approve of an XK if she thinks the vette is impractical? The back seats on an XK are for appearances only, unless you're missing both legs.

Because we still will have the Sedan as the practical car. Since she has refused to drive the Vette, it is doubly impractical, so getting a car that she would not be afraid to drive would be a large step forward for her. To that end, she has no problem with the G37 (fairly small back seats) or the BMW 3-series coupe. She even had no problem with me getting a Pontiac Solstice or Saturn Sky--both 2-seater convertibles that we saw at the LA Auto Show. I expressed in interest in these mostly to see what her reaction was and, basically, no problem. Her primary goal was for me to get rid of the Vette and to never get another one.

So the problem with the Jag is not one of impracticality but, rather, it is a used car. I should mention that we have bought used cars on occasion in the past but her "reasoning" is that my 12-year old car should be replaced with a new car--go figure.