XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nightmare at jaguar (xkr 2003 model)

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 06:24 AM
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Dave,

I appreciate the insight. I am a little curious about driving habits during period after additive was tried, was driving activity/style sedate, moderate or aggressive?

I did not know if a few long trips would manifest issues or if it is time to do lots of around town short hauls.

Wouldn't you know as murphy would have it, the week after I bought the car with an office located on a winding canyon road where downshifts, etc. would be appropriate, to run it through the paces, the speed limit was dropped from 50 to 35 with heavy patrol AAAGH!!!

Again, thanks for the details.
Steven (1avguy)

Old 08-24-2009, 04:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by dafelix
If you're using the classic seat design, watch for squeaky plastic seat cowlings (they rub together and cause incessant squeaking). Jaguar solution (spray lubricant) is not acceptable as the squeaking will return with a vengeance). Nothing solves this problem accept changing the seats or throwing out the plastic seat hinge covers (this was the final solution presented to me - so now I have beautiful car with ugly exposed hinges, but at least I don't get driven barmy by the squeaking... still waiting for Jaguar to replace my seats on this one... been waiting 6 years (plus 15 visits to the workshop) and finally they threw my plastic hinges out the window and told me my seats don't squeak anymore... luckily my the problem was not the main seat or that would have been thrown out wholesale and I'd have to sit on the floor or the back seat... (great for really tall guys, but I'm only 5'9".
A little talc between the contact points will cure it forever!!

Old 08-25-2009, 02:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He Steven,

Besides kicking it down hard once in a while, I just drove the car regularly, live in the country so a lot of 60 mph highway. Nothing extreme though.
dave

Old 08-25-2009, 04:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 200 Posts

Just food for thought......the aftermarket HID company that has recently advertised here used a capacitor to solve the flickering lamps with their aftermarket HID systems. I wonder if adding a capacitor to the OEM HID lamps might solve this issue too.

Old 09-08-2009, 02:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dear everyone,

Once again I am reading posts put on this website which is really misleading.

According to sources on the internet, ZF's stand with regards to their XKR gearboxes fitted to 2003 models onwards is that the gearbox is a completely sealed unit requiring full replacement when a fault occurs. The only advisable modifications are to be made to the software programming, that's all.

Any physical modification or 'repair works' potentially nullifies the warrantee on the gearbox. Therefore, Jaguar is merely honoring the terms and condition as to their procurement of ZF gearboxes in order to save ZF costs and disadvantage the unwitting client.

In response Mr. HLGEORGE - ummmmmmm, Talc on the contact points?!?!?!?!?!?! sounds interesting but unfortunately Jaguar threw away my contact points (plastic cowling for seat hinges) when they faced a legal suit from me when they were unable to solve the squeaky seats problem ... now all my metal seat hinges are hideously exposed.

Then they wrote a lawyers letter and said that my squeaking seats have been diligently repaired and the problem solved. Perhaps their next advise for my car woes will be to simply throw my car away and buy another new Jaguar...

Next week I post my final plea letter letter to Jaguar that was sent 2 weeks ago with a 21 day demand for a response.

Still no response from either Jaguar or TATA group to date...

Old 09-08-2009, 03:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am surprised that there are no Ratan Tata representative members on this forum - one would have thought they would be more concerned about client satisfaction rather than striving for excellence with no direction other than that of "design", branding and corporate image.

No wonder that Jaguar has been a losing money...

How can the Chancellor Exchequer of England allow a stimulus package to a company that clearly has no care for the "plebeian" customer.

I would humbly request that the Royal Family of England remove their appointment to Jaguar until such time as they raise their game to meet with the standard that an appointment to her Majesty the Queen of England would infer.

I wonder what kind of treatment the Royal House of Windsor or UK Government Officials receives when they have complaints about their cars ?!?

Jaguar should use this website as a reference point to know how reliable their production cars are!

in my experience the Jaguar marque is lost - it has great eye candy design for its cars, but as far as branding or corporate image is concerned, balony. If I can be made to suffer so badly then Jaguar has a loathsome corporate image and all the branding in the world will never motivate me to buy another Jaguar again. In fact I am now telling everyone about my experience with Jaguar and ensuring that my all friends and acquaintances are not fooled by the Jaguar marketing bull****!

Next week, if I do not get a reasonable and fair response to my plea letter, I will post my letter on this site for all and sundry to see. The public can then make up their own minds about Jaguar. Further to that, a copy of my plea letter will be sent directly to UK Watchdog, UK Ombudsman for Transport Industry, UK AutoCar, The Automobile Association and perhaps even the Queen of England. My conscience will not allow this matter to rest until the truth prevails about the pitfalls of buying into the Jaguar marque or until Jaguar steps up to the plate to shoulder their responsibilities and commitment to their customers properly.