XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Oil pressure and temp gauge

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 04:52 PM
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Oil pressure and temp gauge

Thanks to the jagwrangler I now have real gauges in car. Quality kit and superb instructions. Was a little time consuming cause I work slow but easy to understand and do. On a side note, I'm still looking for a source on connector pins for plugs on ECU and extraction tool

Old 03-26-2017, 10:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 687 Likes on 558 Posts

Congratulations on the install. After a short while, you will wonder how you made do without them.

On a side note, I took a coworker with me to lunch this week. "What wrong with your gauge?" he says. "Always heard Jags were unreliable."

I explained it was measuring actual oil pressure. He's a little bummed now about his expensive Japanese car.

Old 03-27-2017, 07:47 AM
dsd
Veteran Member
Received 326 Likes on 231 Posts

I really want to convert my Nav to real gauge. Just too cheap and lazy.

Congrats on the setup.

Old 03-27-2017, 08:16 AM
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I had been wanting to convert for a while now. Bought a cheap oil sending unit, cut it up and braised a fitting to it to use mechanical gauge cause I was worried about oil pressure but could not find anywhere to mount gauge that didn't look out of place. realgauge in my opinion is an excellent option. Reasonably priced, good quality, and instructions are spot on. Easy to follow. Think I've finally found source for electrical pins and extraction tool so I can fix a couple wiring issues. While I'm waiting I'm going to do oil pan gasket and transmission service with new Transgo high pressure valve. At my pace this will keep me busy for a week or so

Old 03-27-2017, 10:15 AM
Received 295 Likes on 177 Posts

Thanks for the info Dale... so how long did it actually take for you to install the whole realgauge setup? I also work slow and take my time (and enjoy a cigar and a beer while I am working) so a time estimate would be appreciated so I can plan accordingly