XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

One month left in Factory warranty

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 06:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One month left in Factory warranty

My new, for me, '04 XKR has 30 days left on it's factory warranty. We just got this car last week and I scheduled an appointment with a local Jaguar dealer.

Car has 26K miles on it and there are three issues I am bringing it in for.

1. Condenastion in headlights. I did a search on this forum and there seems to be a fix involving new seals that the dealer installs.

2. Touch screen on Nav unit does not respond to touch, only the joystick. I did remove and reinstallthe DVD from the unit in the trunk but the unit does not respond to touch. I presume it's supposed to but the manual doesn't address if it is indeed a touch screen or joystick only device.

3. There is a hair line crack in the wood near the transmission shifter. It appears to have been caused by over torquing the fastener. I'm not even certain if it is a warranty issued but I'll ask the dealer.

Any other suggestions on what I should ask the dealer to do while there while it is still in it's last days of warranty? The person I purchased the car from did have the 30K service performed and also replaced an idler pulley that was making noise and of course that was under warranty also.

Thanks! I'm enjoying this forum almost as much as the car.

Old 02-28-2008, 06:59 PM
Received 86 Likes on 54 Posts
Default RE: One month left in Factory warranty

Condensation - Make sure they take care of it. We also replace headlamps for that, but some will do seals only.

Navigation unit on your car is not touchscreen. Joystick control only.

The wood....if you complain hard enough they will fix it. Stick to your guns that you have never had the surround bezel off of there.

Get them to look at the shocks - say it rides rough going over bumps.
Do you have any oil on your driveway? Do you smell coolant? Are the sunvisor mirror covers working normally? Any dashlight illumination out? J-Gate all lights up? Speakers sound ok? Convertible? Does the top operate normally? Not too slow? Shifting concerns? Does it have the "hoot" when you accelerate hard enough to cause downshift while cruising at say 40mph? Any clunks going over bumps? Any warning lights intermittently on dash? Airbag light? Is your wood looking ok? Is it milky? Fuel gauge operating normally? Tilt and reach working on steering column? Auto lamps and wipers working ok? Horns working ok or do they sound funky? Any light bulbs out? Cooling fans running after you shut off engine? Belt squeeling at first startup?
That should keep you going for now.
PM last six of your vin and I will look up the car for you.

Old 02-29-2008, 05:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, thanks so much FJTech. That was exactly the info I was looking for.

I was afraid the NAV unit might be joystick only and you just confirmed that it is. I have a NAV unit in my Acura and it is touch screen usable and I wonder why Jaguar went with one that is joystick only? I'm sure I'll get used to it though.

I'll pm those vin numbers to you later on today. Thanks so much for your reply. I'll look carefully at all the suggestions you posted before I bring the car in on Monday.

Old 02-29-2008, 06:17 AM
Received 86 Likes on 54 Posts

The XK was only one to have that joystick. All other models have touchscreen.
I'll await you Pm. Actually if you click the email link, would be easier. During the day I have to check forums from phone as the site is blocked at work....LOL
Dont want me giving out too much.