XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Operating top with key in door

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 10:35 PM
Received 78 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Operating top with key in door

Got a question for you. I never tried until this week to operate the top with the key in the door. Works perfectly on the way down. On the way up it raises the door windows first they go all the way up and then back down that little bit they do as when you open the door.
I would imagine the operation should be in reverse of the top down, but not in my case. The door windows end up in the way of the top.

I have tried doing the door setting for top and bottom from each door. Am I missing something surely it isn't supposed to be in this order. Oops I called her Shirley.

Old 03-14-2017, 11:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,810 Likes on 1,115 Posts

Tex, roof down: turn key, simultaneously doors lock alarm beep, front windows up, front windows drop for roof, roof raises, rear windows come up, front windows adjust to full up.

(I just tested it) John

The following users liked this post:
TexMurphy (03-14-2017)
Old 03-14-2017, 11:54 PM
Received 78 Likes on 41 Posts

Hi John,

Well I guess mine is trying to work right sequence. Seems like the windows should drop a little more for this exercise. When my top comes over door windows it seems as top hits windows so I was afraid to let it continue. I will try it again to see if it will close without mashing to windows. I always thought my window was adjusted correctly as they sealed well, but maybe they should be out a fraction. Might be a case of I should just use the switch inside, rather do that than break a window or rip the top seals.

Thanks,