XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger window does not work

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 09:13 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Passenger window does not work

Okay, have a number of issues with the passenger door solved but the window does not work. Stick about 3/4" down. Window switches AR working because I can hear a relay (or something) click whenever one is operated up or down. Have checked the fuse for the door module. Someone suggested the actual main door harness connection. But where is it and how does one pull the connection apart. I will try electrical contact cleaner if I can break open the harness multi-pin connection. Advice?

Old 06-24-2016, 07:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 775 Likes on 466 Posts

The connector is on the outside of the door between the door and the chassis on the hinge side of the door. The connector is round and you remove it by first turning it counter clockwise, this is locking connector, then pull it out. Mine made the clicking sound like you mentioned when I used the wnow swhich and the window was not working.To test the ground wire I found the ground wire on the harness going into the module , then I used a jump wire from there to the chassis and the window and mirror worked. That told me there was a bad ground between the door and chassis. After looking closer I found that the ground pin on the connector was corroded. Cleaned it up and no more problems. I don't know if this is your problem but it is worth a try.

Old 06-26-2016, 04:01 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Passenger window issue SOLVED!

BobRoy,
Thanks for your info on the door connector at the jamb. I took it apart and cleaned it but did not get a change in the window operation. Still dead! Was hoping to solve the issue without tearing into the door (looked for anything obvious externally first) but finally decided and had the time to take the door apart on Saturday. Panel off and speaker out. Reached in and probed around and immediately found the problem. SEE PHOTO!!!

Another simple fix!

Attached Thumbnails Passenger window does not work-right-side-window-motor-connector.jpg