XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Pirelli P-Zeros

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 06:13 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Bridgestone Turanza's

My XK8 came with four new Bridgestone Turanza's , and they seem to do a proper job. My spare was a Pirelli P-Zero 245/50ZR17 and it's never been on the pavement. I'm planning on getting another Bridgestone for a spare that I can rotate . The Pirelli is for sale,US...reasonable offer would have it. Bob

Old 07-17-2013, 02:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by DevSpider
I am waiting on getting new rubber for the Jag, because I'm torn between leaving the original 18" wheels or buying new 20" Coventry Whitley wheels. Coventry wheels look like Sepang wheels (which I fancy a lot), but are considerably less pricier than the Sepangs (even used ones). I'll have to decide soon though, before autumn weather comes to New York.
Yeah, those Coventry Whitleys look really nice. I have Sepangs, but they need to be rebuilt, and I've been considering those. The only issue is they don't have a 9" front, so I'd need to go 8.5's and I'm not happy about that.

Old 07-17-2013, 04:08 PM
Received 63 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by xenophobe
Yeah, those Coventry Whitleys look really nice. I have Sepangs, but they need to be rebuilt, and I've been considering those. The only issue is they don't have a 9" front, so I'd need to go 8.5's and I'm not happy about that.
Depending on how bad your Sepangs are, the cost to fix'em (refurbrish) should not be more than $150 per wheel - still less $$$ than buying new wheels. Perhaps it's a better option for you. I wouldn't consider changing mine, except that I don't like the 18" diameter. I definitely prefer the 20" size.

Old 06-07-2014, 03:35 PM
Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by xenophobe
While I'm happy with my P-Zeros, I just placed an order for the Hancook V12s at half the price. Good enough reviews, I guess I'll have to find out if I like them...

Well, do you?

Old 06-07-2014, 03:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 305 Likes on 217 Posts

I realize I never checked back in here. I've got probably 7000 miles or so on my Hankooks and they are wearing well, quiet, smooth, and provide great grip in wet and dry. They are dangerous in snow, but what summer tire isn't? I park the car for winter but tend to stretch the season and got caught at work in a late snowstorm. Dollar for dollar I haven't seen a tire come close to these. There is a replacement version out now but I'm not sure what they changed.

Old 06-08-2014, 06:23 AM
Received 150 Likes on 88 Posts

I have P-zero's on the XKR and have been very pleased with traction and wear.
I have also been very very impressed with the Cooper Xeon's I have fitted to both my 4x4 SUV's. The Mazda has Avon's which are a subsidiary of Cooper. When it comes time to change he P-zeros may well see if Cooper do tyres in my size.

Old 06-08-2014, 07:15 AM
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Redeye
Just thought I'd share with you, for my XK to pass its annual MOT test it needed 2 new front tyres. Nothing earth shattering in that, but apparently the ones that were on there were the original rubbers - 10 years old having covered 29,500 miles! Not bad I thought, and as the title of the thread gives away, they were Pirelli P-Zero's. Now I know there has been many a debate on here about whether the standard of tyre from this manufacturer is as good as it was, but rightly or wrongly, I decided to go for exact replacements and if I get anywhere near 29k miles again I'll be a happy chappy!

Jules
they are best .. I always go for pirelli

Old 06-08-2014, 12:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 539 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by K.Westra
I realize I never checked back in here. I've got probably 7000 miles or so on my Hankooks and they are wearing well, quiet, smooth, and provide great grip in wet and dry. They are dangerous in snow, but what summer tire isn't? I park the car for winter but tend to stretch the season and got caught at work in a late snowstorm. Dollar for dollar I haven't seen a tire come close to these. There is a replacement version out now but I'm not sure what they changed.
Ditto from me. These are much smoother than the Pirelli's they replaced and seem to handle fine for my purposes.

Doug

Old 06-08-2014, 01:41 PM
Received 189 Likes on 123 Posts

I've been buying new tires for a lot more years then I would like to admit, but it's been my experience that regardless of the make of the tires, for the first thousand miles or so, new tires of any make, cause a car to feel so much better in handling and ride and a much quiter ride, one would be hard pressed to say which one is the worse or best-----new tires do that.
I'm reading tire milage as between 20 and 30 thousand from some folks and all I can say is I'm glad they aren't driving my car's. Don't get me wrong, if that makes you happy then go for it. However, on my cars, I don't even think about new tires, unless I have a failure or some tire issue, until I have milage in the 45 to 50 thousand mile range.
Driving methods vary a lot. I feel I'm a pretty easy driver (my mate would disagree) but I don't let the grass grow under my car's. I like the personal feel of seeing everyone at the red light in my rearview mirror--the police don't have that same attitude for too often however--but I try to control myself most times. Keeping the engines and soul's under my cat's bonnet is hard, but I do it most time's.
As many miles (15000 or so) as I put on a car every year, I would shutter to think I would have to spend upwards of a thousand dollars or more every 30 thousand for new tires.
Never try smoking my tires------
Chuck