XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Please help identify this part

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 08:12 PM
Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Please help identify this part

Hey all,

Hope you are all doing well. All the folks in Texas are in my thoughts and I hope you are all getting through this mess.

I have a clip that is leaking coolant underneath the throttle body. From what I was told by my mechanic, you can replace the clip part of it without the hose. I assumed he was talking about the one way heater valves and that is clearly incorrect.

This clip that connects to the aluminum pipe is what I'm referring to. It is leaking.

I thought he was talking about this:

Thanks for the help as always!

Old 08-30-2017, 08:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,506 Likes on 1,055 Posts

It is usually referred to by its manufacturer, Norma. You can do a search and find a number of things. There is a o-ring in there some folks have replaced. Others have done away with the entire thing and replaced it with more traditional hose and clamps. Assuming you are talking about the connector with the light blue/green ring...

Best of luck, keep us posted.

Old 08-30-2017, 09:01 PM
Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

Yes, that would be it. Just did some research after you mentioned Norma. It sure would be nice to just place a hose in there instead of the connector. WorldPAC is showing 180+ for the whole hose. I'd just like it to stop leaking - it also sounds like the driver side Norma leaks as well. So now I have a brain argument going on about how far to go. Thank you for the input, it helped a lot.

Old 08-31-2017, 08:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,506 Likes on 1,055 Posts

It's been reported this setup simplifies the assembly for Jaguar at the plant. Unfortunately, this nice setup is right on top of the converter, and sees a lot of heat swings. I would start with replacing the o-ring if the leak is at the joint, and then go from there.

The entire hose is also referred to as the octopus hose. There are lots of posts about it. It is labor intensive, but I suppose there comes a point where you are better off going with new parts (brand new steel door on a tent kind of argument). A failed cooling system does leave you stranded after all.

Best of luck, keep us posted.