XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Poly front wishbone bushings who has stateside, where to get

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 08:24 AM
Received 119 Likes on 101 Posts
Default Poly front wishbone bushings who has stateside, where to get

Well the time has come once I finally get my xk back from the garage after its deer in to start thinking about the wishbone bushes as I do have a torn boot on the lower arm to replace so I might as well do them all and be completely rebuilt up there. I have powerflex on the xjr and am happy with em after 2 year not a single squeak or grown. Any other options for the xk8 stateside aside from buying direct from powerflex? Also figure now is the time to buy a shop press so I'll do them myself. Anybody else used a 20 ton harbor freight press for there xk8 ball joints and old bushings? I have a parts car that I'll use the arms off then replace on my car so time table is as long as it takes.

Old 10-21-2014, 02:53 PM
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

On a related note (but not exact topic), I was looking for front suspension bushings, and was VERY confused by what's out there online. I called APA Industries, which is the main supplier for URO products. They verified for me the correct part numbers for FRONT OF THE CAR control arm/wishbone bushings: MNE 1360CA (lower arm, rear position), MNE 1360BB (lower arm, front position), MJA 1462AB (upper arm, both front and rear positions).

Old 10-27-2014, 06:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Maybe it helps you...

Originally Posted by TreVoRTasmin
Well the time has come once I finally get my xk back from the garage after its deer in to start thinking about the wishbone bushes as I do have a torn boot on the lower arm to replace so I might as well do them all and be completely rebuilt up there. I have powerflex on the xjr and am happy with em after 2 year not a single squeak or grown. Any other options for the xk8 stateside aside from buying direct from powerflex? Also figure now is the time to buy a shop press so I'll do them myself. Anybody else used a 20 ton harbor freight press for there xk8 ball joints and old bushings? I have a parts car that I'll use the arms off then replace on my car so time table is as long as it takes.
Hello I made it self- here you can see prices...Steering-Suspension | Jaguar XK8 - XKR | British Parts UK
But its very hard work- we take old bushes away ca 10 hours and now are we prepare to install new bushes- lot to explain- my sugestion- change all then and also wheel bearings front side...good luck!!!

The following users liked this post:
TreVoRTasmin (10-27-2014)