XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Possible replacement for my side markers.

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 08:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 516 Likes on 333 Posts
Default Possible replacement for my side markers.

I've never been happy with the oval leapers, or the plain small oval marker lights on my XK8. I've tried to retrofit side vents from my XF, not bad but still not right. Maybe is I heat them to get a perfect contour, but I'm always looking for something I like better.
I just found these. I measured and they will just cover the opening in the side skirt. I think they're interesting and since I've removed most of the add ons I've had in the past, maybe these will be an option. Even thought about swapping out my growler on the grill with one so they will match.
I know they were used on early jaguars I've seen at car shows so at least they're genuine to the brand. Ad I wouldn't mind the slightly Aston Martin look. Possible replacement for my side markers.-image.jpg
I also find it interesting the original winged jaguar emblem started life as the SS Swallow Sidecars sir William Lyons founded and the wings were based on the swallow bird, then the SS was replaced with JAGUAR due to Hitler SS.

Last edited by philhef; 09-18-2013 at 08:06 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Big Otter (04-05-2017)
Old 09-18-2013, 08:12 AM
Veteran Member

Update, I ordered two. Heck, if I don't like them, I'll make Christmas tree ornaments!! Lol
That's what I've done with a lot of my badges I've tried!! Btw, the old wheel centers make excellent ornaments when stuck back to back!! Just sayin!!

Old 09-18-2013, 08:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,108 Likes on 764 Posts

What about a badge with the heritage style logo?

You could get wheel centers to match:
Jaguar Wheel Badges Set 4 Red Heritage Jaguar Logo on Silver background Geuine | eBay

Attached Thumbnails Possible replacement for my side markers.-f27314001.jpg  
Old 09-18-2013, 10:51 AM
Veteran Member

Possible replacement for my side markers.-image.jpg

This is the actual vintage badge. The one I found looks cleaner, more modern. I know it's not for the purist, but that I e never claimed to be!! Lol

What I really want is a chrome badge that looks like the piece in the XF vent.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:43 PM
Veteran Member
Default Working on another possibility.

Since I have the XF vents laying around, I poped out the silver jaguar badge and played with a pair of stick on vents. Now this is a very quick attempt but I kinda like it. If I decide to make a proper one, I'll cut the horizontal black piece in the middle to fit over the chrome jaguar piece, so it looks intergrated. I'd also have them painted clear coat black to match paint perfectly, these are just a trim black.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:50 PM
Veteran Member

Temporarily attached. I don't hate them!

Old 04-05-2017, 12:40 PM
Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by philhef
I've never been happy with the oval leapers, or the plain small oval marker lights on my XK8. I've tried to retrofit side vents from my XF, not bad but still not right. Maybe is I heat them to get a perfect contour, but I'm always looking for something I like better.
I just found these. I measured and they will just cover the opening in the side skirt. I think they're interesting and since I've removed most of the add ons I've had in the past, maybe these will be an option. Even thought about swapping out my growler on the grill with one so they will match.
I know they were used on early jaguars I've seen at car shows so at least they're genuine to the brand. Ad I wouldn't mind the slightly Aston Martin look. Attachment 55155
I also find it interesting the original winged jaguar emblem started life as the SS Swallow Sidecars sir William Lyons founded and the wings were based on the swallow bird, then the SS was replaced with JAGUAR due to Hitler SS.
Where'd you find these? Thanks!