XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Question: what's the consensus on the Arden ground effects modification.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 08:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 516 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by BurgXK8
Always thought the Arden kits were wildly overpriced, but to each his own.
Got mine through Mina Gallery. It's not an actual Arden but its exactly the same.
I called mina and they gave me a great deal for everything. Rear bumper, front and side skirts, rear spoiler, bonnet bulges, and my choice of mesh grilles. I think everything was 1800.00.
Always call them for anything you want from website. They usually give better prices.

Old 08-14-2013, 06:47 AM
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by philhef
As for the interior, my seats need a bit if work and one door panel has a strange situation with the padded leather above the pocket handle.
I don't think that material is made of leather. Ditto for everything that isn't actually sat upon.

Old 08-14-2013, 08:18 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by BurgXK8
I don't think that material is made of leather. Ditto for everything that isn't actually sat upon.
You are correct sir! It's a rare hide from an illusive beast known as a Nauga!
The previous owner was a female hair stylist and somehow got some caustic hair chemical on it and literally melted the vinyl face in two spots. I touched it up but it looks sketchy. So I'm doing the alcantara insets and the speaker covers too. My original covers are very faded. The rear covers may be a pain to remove!

Old 08-15-2013, 07:04 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My personal view is that the car looks better as it left the factory.... but hey! Each to his own. The world would be a lesser place if we all liked the same things.

The following users liked this post:
Bad Cattitude (08-15-2013)
Old 08-15-2013, 02:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 507 Likes on 259 Posts

Bulges are gone!! YAY!! Just waiting for a compound and buff then I'll post new pics!
Leaper is another issue. I didn't drill holes so not a problem, but it's a sentimental nod to my mom. Se had the first jaguar in our town in 1978 and she always loved the leaper (her name was Katherine, but everyone called her Kat) so I've always added a modified leaper with 3m badge tape to all my Jaguars.
If I were to sell the car, I'd remove it, but it makes me smile and think of her every time I see it! She just passed away less than two years ago. (I did paint it black to minimize it!)
So you gonna hook me up now??

Let me know,

Thanks,

George

Old 08-15-2013, 02:21 PM
Veteran Member

So yours is the Mina copy of the Arden kit?

What's it made of? I have the original Arden xk8 kit, done by Arden in Germany when the car was new. I don't have the air vents in the side skirts. Do you side skirts have the "Arden" script in them?

Take care,

George

Attached Thumbnails Question: what's the consensus on the Arden ground effects modification.-16.jpg   Question: what's the consensus on the Arden ground effects modification.-20.jpg  
Old 08-17-2013, 09:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mina Gallery gave me awesome service!

My '99 convertible has the Arden ground effects , and the lowering springs. I get questioned often as to what kind of car it is. I am quick to correct 'em with,"it's not a car, it's an automoble, and it's a Jaguar". I am wrestling with raising my cat with original springs to combat negative camber issues, but can't give up the lowered look!

Old 08-17-2013, 10:01 PM
hm1
Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts

In Miami, it would be considered 'ghetto'. But maybe in other parts of country its considered nice. Its plastic cladding, and it looks like it. But whats really important is that the owner likes it, that all that really matters in the end.

Old 08-17-2013, 10:23 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by hm1
In Miami, it would be considered 'ghetto'. But maybe in other parts of country its considered nice. Its plastic cladding, and it looks like it. But whats really important is that the owner likes it, that all that really matters in the end.
That's funny considering my car was originally built for / displayed at the Miami international auto show, and then sold new for $115k through Crown Jaguar in St. Petersburg.

But you're right, to each is own. My car has a lot more than just the body kit, suspension / springs, exhaust, cats, cams, all the arden interior appointments etc, plus a set of one off 20" Polished HRE 540 wheels.

Take care,

George

The following users liked this post:
philhef (08-18-2013)
Old 08-17-2013, 11:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,442 Likes on 772 Posts

Had they blended the side skirts and the splitter, I might have actually liked it, but as is, I don't.

just my 2 ˘

Old 08-18-2013, 07:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 263 Likes on 203 Posts

This is with the side skirts & front air dam blended in.

Attached Thumbnails Question: what's the consensus on the Arden ground effects modification.-brakes011.jpg  
Old 08-18-2013, 07:50 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Cat Man Do
A body kit (or parts thereof) should be like clothes on a beautiful woman. They should enhance what is naturally there without being a distraction. The same goes for accessories. Too much bling (jewelry) takes away from her good looks and cheapens her.
I think you have reached a point where further attempts at updating the look of your car will only make a caricature out of it. It looks fantastic as you have it and makes a bold styling statement. Finish off the interior mods and enjoy your masterpiece!
Just finished my interior headliner! Not sure if you saw post but I ended up with alcantara suede on trim around windshield, and used duplicolor fabric paint on the convertible top headliner. MANY coats but looks fantastic!!

Old 08-18-2013, 08:02 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by JgaXkr

I think he means blended completely showing no transition. I thought about it but that much filler can crack over time so I decided against it. Mine seems to be less noticeable on black but I like it in any color!

I have noticed that there are several different kits from arden even on their website. Your side skirts are much smoother, but there is another, more aggressive set from them as well. I think that's mine. I had the arden logo removed and the side scoops as well. And I found a photo on their site with the vent bumps. I'm actually thinking I miss mine since they took them off to buff the car. So back they go! Question: what's the consensus on the Arden ground effects modification.-image.jpg

Old 08-18-2013, 09:03 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by androulakis
So you gonna hook me up now??

Let me know,

Thanks,

George
Well.............
I miss them! Everyone said at the trim shop I use (and its an amazing shop! They only work on high end luxury cars. Not some ricer place, It's in an old airport hanger and its awesome! Spotless!) that they need to go back on. It gave the car a much more aggressive look. I think I decided to take them off due to pressure from guys on this forum but, ya know what, I like them!!
I'm still looking for an XKR hood with vents but the only one I can find is on ebay and its really messed up. All the others are really expensive.
I have found these grantly vents that have to be installed. I like the vents, but hate the front bumper!! Question: what's the consensus on the Arden ground effects modification.-image.jpg

Old 08-18-2013, 09:08 AM
Veteran Member

Better pic of grantley ventsQuestion: what's the consensus on the Arden ground effects modification.-image.jpgand these are functioning vents. Holes must be cut.

Old 08-18-2013, 10:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,442 Likes on 772 Posts

The side skirts look good, it's the front air damn which I think is just kinda tacked on. I lurve the wheels, where can I get them?

Old 08-18-2013, 10:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 567 Likes on 514 Posts

Is that a removable hardtop??? Where is it from? Original option?

Old 08-18-2013, 10:49 AM
Veteran Member

I think he means blended completely showing no transition. I thought about it but that much filler can crack over time so I decided against it. Mine seems to be less noticeable on black but I like it in any color!

I have noticed that there are several different kits from arden even on their website. Your side skirts are much smoother, but there is another, more aggressive set from them as well. I think that's mine. Attachment 51376
Yeah the filler would be a BAD idea. Just look at civics eclipses etc that have had the body kit molded after a couple years.

From my understanding, the Arden kit changed a bit over the years specifically in 2001. Me and John have the original Arden kit, the sideskirts with the bulges etc came out later. John has the newer style rear bumper with the Arden script in it, where as I have the original lower add-on.

Oh and Tommy the removable hardtop is made by Arden. It's around 6500.00 last time I checked. Plus shipping to the USA from Germany. A very rare beast indeed.

So Yeah I think a lot of these cars have a bunch of mixed and matched Arden Parts. I also think John switch his front lip to one from Paramount Performance.

Take care,

George

Attached Thumbnails Question: what's the consensus on the Arden ground effects modification.-19.jpg  

Last edited by androulakis; 08-18-2013 at 10:51 AM.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:25 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Cat Man Do
Is that a removable hardtop??? Where is it from? Original option?
I wish I liked the hard top more. I can't help but think it vaguely makes the car resemble a Chrysler.