XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Recent Mina Intake Buys?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 07:58 PM
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Recent Mina Intake Buys?

Has anyone recently bought the intake kit from Mina Gallery? I read in several post that they weren't as good or the product was cheap and overpriced. Obviously those post were started years ago, so I was wondering if they changed the way they operate on that product alone. Has anyone bought anything from them recently, or more specifically, the intake kit?

Old 03-20-2017, 08:21 PM
dsd
Veteran Member
Received 326 Likes on 231 Posts

I bought and installed the Mina intake tube in September. I did not do the end filter bit. Quality is fine. Not Tubi level material or craftsmanship, but it was like $130. The silicone elbow did come as bright blue, not their photographed black. I read some didn't like it, but didn't bother me. Install was straight forward. Took maybe 30 minutes because I'm all thumbs.

It is a nice replacement for the silencers and I would buy again.

Old 03-23-2017, 07:14 AM
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

My experience was a bit troubling. Ordered and paid for in advance. took about a month to get it and when it finally came it had the neon blue elbow at the TB.. I didn't like it so after weeks more waiting they sent a black one to match the front. Be careful when installing the clearance between the top of the tube and elbow and the underside of the hood is minimal. I messed up and left the screw side of the clamp on top and it ate a hole in the sound dampening liner on the underside of the hood.
Looks good but cant notice any performance increase. My old bellows had cracked and I decided I would upgrade.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 539 Likes on 402 Posts

I am only a couple of miles from Mina and had the tube installed by them several months ago. The tube, itself, is very nice quality but it took the guy a while to do all of the cutting and tweaking of the rubber/silicon pieces to get the thing properly fitted up. See my post (#22) on this thread:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...-104595/page2/

Doug

Old 03-23-2017, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by dennysjag
My experience was a bit troubling. Ordered and paid for in advance. took about a month to get it and when it finally came it had the neon blue elbow at the TB.. I didn't like it so after weeks more waiting they sent a black one to match the front. Be careful when installing the clearance between the top of the tube and elbow and the underside of the hood is minimal. I messed up and left the screw side of the clamp on top and it ate a hole in the sound dampening liner on the underside of the hood.
Looks good but cant notice any performance increase. My old bellows had cracked and I decided I would upgrade.
Sounds like trouble, I might go for the Paramount kit instead. Thank you for your response!

Old 03-23-2017, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by SeismicGuy
I am only a couple of miles from Mina and had the tube installed by them several months ago. The tube, itself, is very nice quality but it took the guy a while to do all of the cutting and tweaking of the rubber/silicon pieces to get the thing properly fitted up. See my post (#22) on this thread:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...-104595/page2/

Doug
Thanks for the input! It does look rather nice in the engine bay. I'm trying to decide if I want to go through the trouble or not. I'm not really mechanically inclined or have a mechanic locally haha