XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Removing a supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2019, 05:25 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Removing a supercharger

Hello dear jagurus,
Anybody know where I could find instructions or better, a video on how to remove/replace a supercharger from a 04 xkr ? There's very few videos on YouTube on our car and I was wondering if someone got a good source for this one tutorial and for other operations on the x100 in general. There's 'to the garage' by John, and sam1174 but it's limited to mostly body,not much about engine, specifically when it comes to the xkr, let alone instructions on a supercharger.
Let me know if you have any input, I'd appreciate.
Thank you all jagurus, a lot, for your help.
Have a great day.

Old 08-25-2019, 06:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 918 Likes on 654 Posts

Alexander,,,,,

Why on Earth would you want to remove your S/C? Do you plan to overhaul it? or just take it off the Car? I can see you taking it off to overhaul or sending it to one of the S/C places to open it up a bit, but not to remove it all together....Better off just trading it for an XK8....

Billy Clyde

Old 08-25-2019, 08:13 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bcprice36
Alexander,,,,,

Why on Earth would you want to remove your S/C? Do you plan to overhaul it? or just take it off the Car? I can see you taking it off to overhaul or sending it to one of the S/C places to open it up a bit, but not to remove it all together....Better off just trading it for an XK8....

Billy Clyde
Hi Billy,
No it was just a general question. I was wondering how would you do that for eg if you need to access other parts and it's on the way, or for a clean up. Or for changing belts etc.
Thanks.

Old 08-25-2019, 09:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,436 Likes on 769 Posts

Alexander,,,,,

Billy Clyde

What are Valley Hoses?

Old 08-26-2019, 02:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 918 Likes on 561 Posts

Originally Posted by alexander thegreat
Hi Billy,
No it was just a general question. I was wondering how would you do that for eg if you need to access other parts and it's on the way, or for a clean up. Or for changing belts etc.
Thanks.
You will never need to pull the supercharger to change belts. However, most of the injectors and fuel rail are blocked by the intercoolers and you need the unit off for the valley coolant hoses. Obviously pulling the unit helps if you need to repair the supercharger itself as well. I can't offhand think of other reasons to pull it since access is pretty good working around it.

The X308 forum has guides on this removal, copies of excerpts from JTIS. I've pulled the unit on my x308 to replace the coupler. Not a bad job really, like 5 to 6 hours total including the coupler replacement, from start to finish.

Old 08-27-2019, 06:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 918 Likes on 654 Posts

Puerto Rico.....You probably don't need a Heater in P/R but a couple hoses from the Water Pump area run under the S/C in the Valley of the Engine to the Heater...

Kind'a strange but it works!

Better duck! Looks like another big one is on the way!

BC

Old 08-27-2019, 09:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,436 Likes on 769 Posts

Puerto Rico.....You probably don't need a Heater in P/R but a couple hoses from the Water Pump area run under the S/C in the Valley of the Engine to the Heater...

Kind'a strange but it works!

Better duck! Looks like another big one is on the way!

BC

I was answering your question of why would Alexander want to remove the supercharger with a Jeopardy style reply. I do know what the Valley Hoses are and what they are for. I'm actually stockpiling all parts necessary to remove the supercharger and change the valley hoses, octopus hose, and a bunch of other "while you're there stuff".

Regarding the hurricane Dorian (or is it only a tropical storm at this point?), I'm not too worried about it. I'm expecting it to rain all day. My house sits in a small hill, and I put the Jag inside of my grandfather's garage. Our houses are made of concrete; I expect little to no damage to our properties. However, I do expect to be without power for a few days to a couple weeks. I also expect the cell phone providers to not be able to keep up with the demand. Don't be surprised if I'm incommunicado.

The following users liked this post:
DavidYau (08-28-2019)