XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

seat module removal

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 09:14 AM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default seat module removal

Good morning all,
I have a drivers seat that will not move at all. in an effort to repair i have checked the #1 and#8 fuses and they are good. I get no clicks from the relays on any function. Since the passenger seat works fine i decided to swap the modules and see if the problem moves. I cannot for the life of me get the seat modules out. There are 2 studs at the front of the module, i have removed them and the module is loose feeling but wont come out on either side. Have i missed more bolts? Is there some trick i need to know? Reading and searching this forum i have read much about repair but i need help getting the modules out. Thanks much

Old 03-31-2017, 09:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,506 Likes on 1,055 Posts

Originally Posted by rttug
There are 2 studs at the front of the module, i have removed them
It's been a while since I removed mine, but I believe the 2 nuts have to be removed (technically, one removed, and one loosened). The studs stay in place, attached to the seat. The plastic module is bolted to a steel bracket, and both come off together.

Separately, there are a couple of big plugs on the back side of the module. There is some slack, but not a lot. A tab has to be depressed and the plugs come off, straight out. Resist the urge to use hard tools like a screwdriver. 2 plugs on the passenger side, 3 plugs on the driver side (for seat memory). This is assuming you have 2 seats that are "5-way" adjustable. I have not seen them (might be rare in the US), but I believe there are "3-way" adjustable passenger seats out there as well.

Best of luck, keep us posted.

Old 03-31-2017, 09:33 AM

Thanks much I will see if I can get the plugs off that could be what is holding them. I will keep you posted
Rich

Old 03-31-2017, 10:06 AM

Thank you much
the plugs were holding it in. "a little slack" was an understatement the one on the far right had almost none. got it done and will now get out the passenger side and finish the swap.

Old 03-31-2017, 10:33 AM

Thanks again,
Bad module for sure I will look to sending out for repair