XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

second dealership situation

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 06:58 PM
Received 199 Likes on 106 Posts
Default second dealership situation

Good for you! Glad you stuck to your guns...

I had similar problems with my dealership in Scottsdale, Arizona. The ONLY dealership in the Valley in Arizona

A PENSKE JAGUAR DEALERSHIP.

I had taken the car in for new chains and tensioners, 4 valves and lathe work $5900.00 plus another $1200.00 in other repairs
IE. Medusa hose and others, new plugs ect..
The dealer had for almost a week, when I picked up car I noticed a couple of items immediately. #1 there was a pushed up gauge (wrinkled) on the clear bra at center front of hood and #2 the windshield cowl had 5 broken squares in the center left next to the center wiper motor shaft, there was also #3 a dent on the top of the fender right next to hood (nickel+ size).

I immediately asked the service writer to come and look. Of course he immediately said I don't think we did any damage!
I asked for the check-in inspection sheet, they pay a guy 40K a year to inspect every car that comes into the repair facility (his only job), they have a outline diagram of the car and they make red checks and X's for every possible problem dents, scratches, dings anything that they don't want to be responsible for or is not in-like new condition, for the entire car top to bottom, inside, all glass even open the trunk, they spend about 15 minutes inspecting every car coming in.
These 2 problems ( I did not say anything about #3 top fender dent at that point) were VERY noticeable and had not been checked or notated anywhere. I asked to have the service manager come out, he was busy and would call me later. I never received call, I called service writer 4 or 5 times times was finally asked to come back in and they would look at it. I did and they looked and said no they did not do it, they had asked the mechanic that did the car repair.

I know exactly what happened (or at least surmize) the mechanic put the hood into service position by disconnecting the struts, that allows the hood to go all the way back, straight up and they put a long sturdy metal brace from the top of the hood all the way to the cowl and prop up the hood so it does not come down they smashed the cowl with brace and the mashed clear bra was probably from a tool that was placed on the radiator up front and when they opened hood it mashed or pushed the clear bra. The top fender dent, obviously a tool.

The service manager said no that the bra was a stone that hit the hood, I said no way the bra had been mashed or krinkled about ¼" to 3/8th" not chipped and of course they did not damage the windshield cowl either.
They are perfect people you know!

Then the service manager told me he would not take care of the damage and told me the service writer told him that I said he was a weenie, which I did because the service manager kept saying "no" to talking with me via the service writer and would not speak with me directly. Pretty thin skinned manager can't take being called a weenie!(surprised the service writer told him that anyway, but he did!!!) This name calling was after 4 maybe 5 phone calls to the service manager without a reply from service manager.

This is a Penske Jaguar dealership and they are very big and don't really care about the customer, just that their car museums are paid for. of course my opinion.

I do everything I can to stay away from this dealer!

All this caring by Penske Jaguar Scottsdale dealership after spending over 45K $$$ in repair dollars (no kidding)
over 6 years paid to them for car repairs and the service Manager says to me "you did not pay for the repairs, the after market warranty company did", after that comment he was more than just a WEENIE!
I was going to take them to small claims court.
I had all the info for lawsuit service (NOT ALWAYS EASY TO GET THE INFO)and then decided not to sue because knowing them, If I had a absolute need for dealership repair because of proprietary information or software to make repair they may say we will not repair your car anymore, my belief is they would do exactly that.

I guess the moral of the story is, you have to pick your battles and I can not afford to travel out of state to get my car repaired, ESPECIALLY IF THE CAR IS NOT IN RUNNING ORDER OR DRIVEABLE and needs service .

This Jaguar dealership is a disgusting
example for JAGUAR CARS!

Old 05-08-2013, 07:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,184 Likes on 1,624 Posts

as the bulk of your post is specific to your own situation it has been moved to its own thread

Old 05-09-2013, 08:49 AM
Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts

put a call into Jaguar North America, ask for the Dealer liaison manager, let them know of your problem.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:11 AM
Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Roger77
put a call into Jaguar North America, ask for the Dealer liaison manager, let them know of your problem.

That's more stress and going on a merry go round. The burden of proof will be with the customer. Jag of NA will open the case, contact the dealer, dealer will deny it. Jag NA will ask for proof such as pics at time of check-in which most likely don't exist, etc. in the end Jag NA will close the case for lack of proof. They get tons of complaints daily and simply don't have enough strength or leverage in this situation to be very effective. it will nerve racking to say the least.

I would would contact Penske Automotive Group in Michigan. Get to someone in position. Record all info:names, dates, topics discussed. They should listen to you and will have further reaching effect on the local retail operation.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default second dealership situation

take your car to royal jaguar in tucson. very good service dept .