Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stripes on an XK8???

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 08:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 515 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by BurgXK8
OP, was your last car a lowered accura with neon underneath? And did it have its own web site? You're acting like that guy....
No! I've always owned premium cars. I have owned 12 Jaguars curently XF and XK8, Two Triumph Tr 6, three Porsche 928, 911, currently a boxster, 64 Studebaker Hawk, 68 corvette, maserati bi turbo, Lotus elan, 4 BMW, 3 volvos and a couple cadillacs since the age of 16 (not in that order) and assorted other trucks!
Playing with my cars is my one hobby!! I just don't think they are so sacrosanct not to have fun with them. I always try to make borderline modifications reversible, hence the 3m attached add on's. and a stripe simply peels off!!
I use this forum to bounce off crazy ideas, usually dreamed up after a few drinks!! Sometimes I take the advice, sometimes I say "Sod off, I'm going for it!!"
I will have to say that after taking both my Jaguars to several events and car shows, I've never had anyone say a negative thing, at least not to my face!, usually just the reverse. even my leapers have gotten mostly universal thumbs up! More so because I had them finished in piano black and they look integral to the cat!
So I guess I'm a Bricer! (British ricer) or for the Brits, chavy!! I'll also admit that I far more enjoy the crazy threads with mods than the threads with a beautiful but IMHO bland factory car.
A side note, before I did anything to my XK8, I rarely got a comment or a look unless it was an older man saying "I remember when...." Now I get daily head turning stares and always get comments asking if its a new Jaguar!!

ROCK ON JAGUAR!!!

Old 08-07-2013, 09:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 200 Likes on 176 Posts

Phil
Do what ever you want, There's some modifications I wouldn't do, but that's what makes us who we are. Imagine how drab it would be if every car was black? That would set us back about a hundred years.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 567 Likes on 514 Posts

Originally Posted by RCSign
Imagine how drab it would be if every car was stock?
fixed.

Old 08-07-2013, 03:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 200 Likes on 176 Posts

So True

Old 08-07-2013, 06:05 PM
Received 131 Likes on 96 Posts

Phil,
You are a breath of insanity in a sane world! Cars are to have fun with and you clearly know how to have fun. If I steal one idea out of 100 from you, I'm happy. I you look a my tag line you know I must have been nuts to own a Rover and a Triumph a the same time!
Thanks,
Dave

Old 08-07-2013, 08:18 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DaveC
Phil,
You are a breath of insanity in a sane world! Cars are to have fun with and you clearly know how to have fun. If I steal one idea out of 100 from you, I'm happy. I you look a my tag line you know I must have been nuts to own a Rover and a Triumph a the same time!
Thanks,
Dave
This is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me here!! Lol
I make my living by thinking outside the box, so why shouldn't my cars reflect it!! I've made my share of BAD mistakes with a couple cars, but even those turned heads!!
What do they say, even bad press is good press, AND when they stop talking about you, then worry!!
But my personal mantra is "it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission!"

Old 08-08-2013, 12:36 AM
Received 150 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Feathers
In my ever so humble opinion, it is too much. The "murdered out" look is one genre, and racing stripes are another. Merging two distinct genres would clash and offend the senses.
Nailed it.

Old 08-08-2013, 07:07 AM
Veteran Member

Well, I'm moving on from the stripe idea. I tried a piece and didn't like it at all. I think the exterior is perfect as is (except the speed humps, still looking for an XKR bonnet/hood) and once I swap out my headlamp lenses to the 06 black interior lenses, I'm done.
I'm moving back to the interior. I have a black suede hide I want the seats reworked with. The center sections and the door panels above the handle. Still looking for a carbon set for the dash but just can't find!! Finally, new custom black ultra suede headliner and pillars. (Mines deteriorated terribly!)

Last edited by philhef; 08-08-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:14 AM
Veteran Member

Not sure about the term "murdered out". Only thing I did was use black factory wheels, nothing else was really altered. Well except the tinted fog lights. Didn't Jaguar even offer a black mesh grille in last few years?
I prefer aggressive'

Old 08-08-2013, 01:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 506 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by philhef
I'm thinking about adding a wide racing stripe down the middle of my 2002 XK8 but I can't find any pics of one that's been done, other than a full British flag.

My car is totally blacked out, wheels, grille, even a piano black leaper (don't worry, no holes were drilled, I modified a leaper and used 3m badge tape!)

I'm thinking about a wide flat black with thin outer border stripes in flat black as well. It would go from front to back, all the way to the lower bumper.

If I do this, I'll definitely remove the arden power bulges, also held on with 3m tape.
Attachment 50169
Will it read correctly with the hood bulge in the middle?
If you want to sell the Arden Bulges let me know.

Thanks,

George

Old 08-08-2013, 07:54 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by androulakis
If you want to sell the Arden Bulges let me know.

Thanks,

George
I'll let you know!
You can buy them from Mina gallery as well mine came with my body kit.

Old 08-08-2013, 08:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 506 Likes on 258 Posts

Oh ok.

My car was done by Arden in Germany when it was new, and for whatever reason they were not included. Maybe they came along with the newer version of the kit. My car has the smooth Sideskirts not the ones with the air inlets.

Take care,

George

Old 08-08-2013, 09:51 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by androulakis
Oh ok.

My car was done by Arden in Germany when it was new, and for whatever reason they were not included. Maybe they came along with the newer version of the kit. My car has the smooth Sideskirts not the ones with the air inlets.

Take care,

George
My kit was from Mina Gallery. I did order it without the side scoops as well because I thought they looked a bit forced. At first I didn't think the power humps were really arden, then I found them on the Arden site. eXPENSIVE!!
I'm really torn when it comes to them. I like how they give my car a really aggressive look but I wish they were really functioning!! Something evil under the hood needing the extra room!! Or at least vents facing the windshield!!

Old 08-09-2013, 03:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 477 Posts

[/URL]

Attached Thumbnails Stripes on an XK8???-cue1.jpg  
Old 08-09-2013, 05:40 AM
Veteran member
Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts

^The Aston Martin badge on the front is a bit sad.

Old 08-09-2013, 06:12 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Frog
I think it says jaguar in the wings. Maybe that very old jaguar badge style. I've seen it on early models.

Old 08-09-2013, 06:14 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Frog
Originally Posted by XKRacer
[/URL]
What front bumper is that? Is it the Paragon?

Old 08-09-2013, 06:39 AM
Veteran Member

Yes it is a Paragon X150 style front bumper with side sills to match and yes it is also an old skool Jaguar wings badge like below

Attached Thumbnails Stripes on an XK8???-bmh_jaguarwings.jpg  
Old 08-09-2013, 06:53 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by XKRacer
Yes it is a Paragon X150 style front bumper with side sills to match and yes it is also an old skool Jaguar wings badge like below

I can spot one of your amazing modified Jaguars in a second. And I KNEW you'd NEVER use an Aston badge!!
So,,,,,, when are you going to get some of those bumpers to the USA so I can get one for myself!! Shipping one is a bear!!

Old 08-09-2013, 06:59 AM
Veteran Member

You could always go the other option and ship your car over.... I am picking one up from the port on Monday that has come from NJ for me to work on

Quick Reply: Stripes on an XK8???