XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Top down at the intersection

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010 | 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by Fraser Mitchell
What kind of country are you guys living in, for God's sake !
A country that has a constitution that gives us the right to bear arms.

We're colonists remember?

Cheers!

Old 05-28-2010 | 05:16 AM

Arm yourself with your own spray bottle and when approached, brandish your bottle!

Go to a sporting goods store and get some bear or elk/dear scent, something nice and strong. They spray your car, you spray them!

Old 05-28-2010 | 07:14 AM
|

That's a great idea, GreenJewel!

Old 05-28-2010 | 03:40 PM
Veteran Member

Looking from the other side of the pond, it seems to me the not all of the constitution amendment seems to be in force.

What happened to " A well regulated militia being essential to freedom"....etc

Old 05-28-2010 | 06:22 PM

Fraser, old chap, there is an interesting new development on this side of the pond that we call Google. Amazingly, it will allow you to perform what we chaps call "searches". It will allow you to enter "search terms" into it and find millions of results for you to peruse. Try it, you will learn something, I promise you.

Old 05-28-2010 | 08:30 PM
Veteran Member

Hey Fraser, the states originally had militias. They were controlled by the governors of each state, but the governors traditionally allowed them to be controlled by the federal government in times of war. In 1916 the federal government passed a law that federalized all state militias permanently. They are now called the National Guard, and they answer to the federal government, not to the states. The governors still have the authority to call out the national guard when needed, but the president now has the authority to override a governors orders to the National Guard. Therefore "militias" in their traditional sense no longer exist.

Some gun control activists like to argue that since the first sentence of the second amendment mentions "militias", the intent of the amendment is to allow the national guard to keep and bear arms. The 2nd amendment clearly states that "...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." In every Supreme Court ruling since the constitution was ratified, the "people" has always been interpreted to be the people. Not the government. Not the states. Not the National Guard. The constitution has been very clear on this issue. "The people" is the people. Any Supreme Court decision to the contrary would overturn 200 years of precedent.

Old 05-28-2010 | 08:55 PM
Default Back to the protection

I thinks its interesting that so many reported keeping a gun in their xk8.

My state, county, and city don't give me "permission" to do this.

However, I am curious about those who are storing in the door pocket, or between the seats.... What do you do when you park with the top down, or drop the car off with a valet ?

If I happened to own a Glock 27, and if my state gave me "permission" I would think I would keep it mounted in a mini holster mounted with the butt facing out under the right front corner of the seat.

But the valets always make me nervous.

Dave B

Old 05-28-2010 | 09:19 PM

September 2009 Texas changed the TRAVELING law and the 'castle doctrine' so having a handgun without a concealed carry permit is lawful if you are in your car or going to or from your car or other place where you are legally allowed to posses a firearm. (you now do NOT have to retreat from a confrontation if you feel threatend)
Read the law before you carry a firearm so you know the limits.

bob gauff

Old 05-28-2010 | 09:36 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by o2manyfish

However, I am curious about those who are storing in the door pocket, or between the seats.... What do you do when you park with the top down, or drop the car off with a valet ?

If I happened to own a Glock 27, and if my state gave me "permission" I would think I would keep it mounted in a mini holster mounted with the butt facing out under the right front corner of the seat.

Dave B
I've actually started looking for better places to carry in my XK8. I think I'm going to drill some holes in the knee bolster on the right side of the steering wheel and mount a Galco holster, or possibly a Safariland or Black Hawk composite holster horizontally right by my right knee. It would be easily accessible and stored securely right there.

As far as securing the gun in the car, usually when I leave the car I stick the gun in a Galco paddle holster I keep on my right hip. In the summertime when I'm wearing shorts with no jacket I carry a Berretta Tomcat .32. It fits in my back pocket. In that situation I would just lock the Sig in the glove compartment. I also lock the Sig in the glove compartment if I have to go in someplace where I'm not allowed to carry, such as a school or a bank.

Old 05-28-2010 | 10:05 PM

What are you worried about most pan handlers drive Ferrari's no interest in your Jag

Old 05-29-2010 | 12:57 AM
Veteran Member

I liked it better when we were talking about Diane Lane

Doug

Old 05-29-2010 | 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by Fraser Mitchell
Looking from the other side of the pond, it seems to me the not all of the constitution amendment seems to be in force.

What happened to " A well regulated militia being essential to freedom"....etc
Reverend Sam answered that question for you.

I don't want to get into a contest. Each country has their own rules and ways of doing things along with personnel freedoms. Your country/government wants to know what you are doing at all times, ie: a CCTV at each street corner, in malls & stores and all over your motorways. We also have CCTV systems in stores and malls but not government/police monitored.

You do have the best tasting fish and chips! While in Holy Lock Scotland a couple of times a year in the 60's, that's about all I ate. The only other place that I've been to that has the same great taste is Vancouver BC and most of the fish & chip shops are run by those that have relocated across the pond.

There are a lot of people that do not follow any rules at all and take advantage of others. Sorry to say but it's a way of life. Some people that are down on their luck, at times, make bad choices. My wife and I now have grayish hair and we are small in stature. There are people that pray on people like us. At times, depending where I'm at, I'll carry a hand gun. I'm licensed in my state to do so and I also have a permit from another state that allows me to conceal carry a hand gun in 28 other states. My wife and I travel a lot. I put 37,000 miles on my XK8 in one year. I'm not going to be taken advantage of, and I'll protect my wife at all cost. You can NEVER find a cop (Bobbie) when you need one!

Maybe I should leave the hand gun at home and buy one of those tasers that are used in your country that fry the person being shot with it. I'm guessing it cost less to recharge that than a box of bullets.

Old 05-29-2010 | 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by SeismicGuy

Doug
With pictures too!

Old 05-29-2010 | 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by xsvjag
That's a great idea, GreenJewel!
Oh and pay attention to which way the wind is blowing before spraying.

Old 05-29-2010 | 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by o2manyfish

Dave B
I have a Coupe but do, at times, keep the windows open (and the alarm active) in the summer. I press the Valet button and lock it up in the trunk. Give the Valet ONLY the Green Valet Key. The Green key won't unlock the glove box or the trunk.

The glove box is too easy to pop open with a screwdriver.

It's my understanding that your state allows a few counties to grant you the "permission" to conceal carry but ONLY in the granting county. If you venture out of that county you're carrying without permission.

Old 05-29-2010 | 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by SeismicGuy

Doug
Doug, don't go there......................I told you that she's mine!
Brian

Old 05-29-2010 | 05:46 PM
Veteran Member

Talk about panhandlers!!! I live in downtown Atlanta. There isn't a corner without a panhandler. No, I'm not a girl (although I do have a nice set of man *****!) I just ignore them. If they get aggressive, I just pick up my cell phone and they usually just move on.

Old 05-31-2010 | 12:17 PM

xsvjag - get a gun. Reverend Sam is right, you're in Texas so... that's friggen awesome. Nothing sexier than a girl in a Jag with a gun. However, I think Reverend Sam's choice of weapon does not do you any justice.

You need to get one of these Desert Eagles, but get the Tiger finish, so you'll have two cat's on the road.

If you get the full kit, it comes with internals to shoot .375, .44, and .50 caliber's, so you won't have to worry about blowing your shoulder blade off with .50 until you're comfortable shooting the other calibers.

Attached Thumbnails Top down at the intersection-de-23a.jpg  
Old 05-31-2010 | 12:20 PM

And wear all black when you drive.

Old 05-31-2010 | 12:25 PM

This should solve the problem, entirely. http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/africa/9812...e.thrower.car/

Quick Reply: Top down at the intersection