XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Valuing My First XK8. Is Blue Book Low?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2016, 11:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 539 Likes on 402 Posts

I figured it must be Bonsall but I never heard of that area. I am familiar with Oceanside and Vista though.

Doug

Old 09-04-2016, 11:55 AM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Bonsall is squished between Fallbrook to the north, Oceanside to the west, Vista to the south-west, San Marcus to the south and Valley Center to the south east. It straddles Hwy. 76 just on the west side of I15. It's a small rural community (I live on an old nursery) with a middle school but seniors must go to Fallbrook High. It has a post office but we are cut of from its delivery area by a range of hills just south of the Saint Louis Rey racetrack and so our mail is delivered from Vista. Maybe having spewed all this out I'll add this to my signature!

Old 09-04-2016, 12:13 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jandreu
Just replace the seat cover, $300.....I replaced everything in my front suspension, everything from shocks to all ball joints and anything rubber, doing the work myself and some machine shop charges for pushing bushings out/in, $1K....
You can source replacement dash panels on eBay but matching is difficult unless you replace the complete dash, a complete dash can be found for anywhere from $500 up but you have to look and wait for one to come up, a lot of folks wrap the wood which is a good look if you like it. Cracking is common so beware when buying replacement panels, there's a guy in Florida, British Auto Wood, that will refinish your complete dash.
The drivers door hanging low would be a deal breaker from me, unless you can see an obvious reason for that I know of no adjustments.

Don't expect to recover any repair cost n resale value, you buy these cars because YOU like them not for possible resale value.

Good luck and welcome to the club, oh buy the way the polished Appolo wheels on your car are the best looking stock wheel Jaguar ever made.
Please why do you say the saying door would be a deal breaker. What sort of problem does it indicate? Is the frame or door post buckled or some big chassis issue. Very few members here have experienced this to the extent I have, one inch pus hang so door will not shut without much lifting. I might be able to get seller to attend to this if I understand what the issue is.
Thanks

Old 09-04-2016, 12:32 PM
Received 57 Likes on 42 Posts

Mike,
I don't believe much of these reports, but did you do a Carfax on this car to see if it were in a major accident?
Is there evidence of spray paint?
I only ask because of a concern that the sagging door could be a bent frame or chassis, and not a bracket.

Did you happen to see the other replies regarding your situation?

See link:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...ustment-50469/

Old 09-04-2016, 01:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 600 Likes on 446 Posts

A sagging door, which likely also has uneven door gaps is a sign of damage, particularly on a Convertible where there is no roof structure.

I'm by no means an expert and have not seen the car you are looking at, it may just be a minor adjustment however I have never heard of a XK8/R having a sagging door unless there was some past damage.

There are Many, many XK8's for sale, several by forum members that have all the issues sorted out and in the same price range you are looking, don't let your desire to own a XK8 override your common sense. Wait for the perfect car for you, it will come around. On the other hand only you can decide if the one you are looking at is, in fact, the perfect car for you!