XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

VIN Discrepancy

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 10:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 587 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by Diddion
Ok, you asked for help. You got it....

So what does our friend Google say? CS is clearly an acronym. I believe it stands for Constant Speeding, because it is unlikely to be Catastrophically Slow.

For another 300 or so alternatives check here. Acronyms of CS

I hope my undoubted but questionable erudition helps.

On a more serious note, I wonder whether it could indeed have anything to do with proposed export country, as Tijoe suggests. But if that were the case then one would expect many exported Jags to share the same CS letters. This really is an intriguing issue, because if it does mean an unassigned country for export, then surely all left hand drive cars should have the same designation.
Since we started going down this path....

I saw one reference for a batch label printer where "CS" stands for "completed series" Its instructions stated that when you are printing out a series of documents where each document has an incremetal number identifying each document. Perhaps, an employee at jaguar who prints out door labels has a similar printer, but he messed up and the "CS" was added to this VIN on the label rather than being used as an end of record indicator.

Old 11-01-2022, 02:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tijoe
Since we started going down this path....

I saw one reference for a batch label printer where "CS" stands for "completed series" Its instructions stated that when you are printing out a series of documents where each document has an incremetal number identifying each document. Perhaps, an employee at jaguar who prints out door labels has a similar printer, but he messed up and the "CS" was added to this VIN on the label rather than being used as an end of record indicator.
Which model of Batch Printer did you saw it? I think there are also mentions like this on the Munbyn label printer, right na?

Old 11-01-2022, 02:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyander39
Which model of Batch Printer did you saw it? I think there are also mentions like this on the Munbyn label printer, right na?
right na?

Old 11-04-2022, 02:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 740 Likes on 505 Posts

I think its quite simple ..the machine that prints the vins has limited length for the string of letters so the printer put CS at the end to indicate the end of that model year . Note the date August ...the factory closes in august for "Coventry holiday week" during which time management gets ready for the next model year production.