XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Wait, Kate isn't gone! Introducing my new XKR...

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 06:18 PM
Received 154 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by Frog
Beautiful car, congrats, but I am more surprised by snow in Texas. I thought it was wall-to-wall sun where you guys live?

A common misconception! We have trees as far as you can see as well! Hills too! And not that many oil and gas rigs (especially lately, crap commodity prices). Once or twice a year we see a halfway-decent snowfall, and certainly icestorms. Of course, as many days as there is ice in North Texas is about the ratio of AWD cars on the road as well... which is why I waited for the demolition derby to end this morning before going in at 10:00am.

Many thanks for the replies and warm welcome! So I don't fill up the page quoting all, the highlights...

Agreed black looks best on these, but British Racing Green would have been great too. Actually, what color doesn't look good on these babies? Secondary tensioners were replaced last year, so all good there. Btw, went and talked to her mechanic this afternoon and got confirmation of all the generally-great things I've heard about this car and XKRs (btw, 10-yr Jag Master tech recommended dino oil- really? I've got another couple threads to create). I also hope my wife goes crazy for it- she's driving it for the first time tonight.

Originally Posted by Jag#4
Congrats, beautiful car.

You can't be too far from me based on how the back of your house/driveway look. I'll wave from the blue cat if I see you around the neighborhood.

Thank you. I am VERY close to Carrollton. Would be happy to do a GTG sometime- I'm through there daily on my commute. And that is awesome about your father-in-law.

Originally Posted by Cerberus66
I am glad you found Kate, I know she is with a good family!

Enjoy, These guys here are all Jag crazy.....I love them!

Cheers to you, good sir. I'm not sure I would have had the guts to pull the trigger if it wasn't for all the great info you passed along. Get that XJ and let's do a photo-op soon.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,582 Likes on 1,421 Posts

Welcome to XKR-hood, invigorating and infuriating at the same time. Beautiful car, almost as nice as my Carnival Red vert (black would have been my second choice). This forum is invaluable at letting you know what to expect whether or not you do the work yourself. Enjoy her and once the snow subsides, put that top down, and let the sun shine in. Good luck and most of all, have fun!

Old 12-27-2012, 06:12 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats. That certainly is one sexy car. If I had to do it all over again I might have opted for black.!

Old 12-27-2012, 09:09 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Sentinelist, I have the factory Jag motorola cell phone for the center console. PM and we can meet Ill give it to you.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:25 PM
Received 154 Likes on 121 Posts

Retro mod! Yes! I'm actually trying to track down the original one for my Audi as well. That would be great, thanks. YGPM