XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Wanted: 2002 XKR Passenger Seat Control Switch (Oatmeal)

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 06:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wanted: 2002 XKR Passenger Seat Control Switch (Oatmeal)

Can anyone suggest where I can obtain the electrical control switch located in the side of the seat cushion for my oatmeal leather passenger's seat 2002 XKR convertible
I removed the operating knobs from the unit first not realising the switch comes out complete, now the center control knob does not want to relocate, both other knobs have clicked back into place a treat
The unit works perfectly just the center know is floppy!
Any comments and or advice would be greatly appreciated, many thanks

Old 03-01-2019, 10:20 PM
Received 287 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by Cobrabp47
I removed the operating knobs from the unit first not realising the switch comes out complete, now the center control knob does not want to relocate, both other knobs have clicked back into place a treat
The unit works perfectly just the center know is floppy!
Any comments and or advice would be greatly appreciated, many thanks
Howdy:
If the knob is not clicking back in place, based on my having an extra foremost knob, I question if the knob has a damaged or missing white nylon insert in the rectangular opening (roughly a 1/4" x 1/2" opening) located in the middle of the backside of the knob. My insert will slide roughly 3/16" in and out of that opening.

The following users liked this post:
Cobrabp47 (03-02-2019)
Old 03-02-2019, 04:03 PM

Hi Dr D,
Many thanks for your reply appreciated. I'm positive the knob is not damaged is not damaged and the rectangular white nylon insert is loosely in place but am unable to push the knob far enough back in to locate fully with the inset?
It would seem I need to hold the insert whilst pushing the knob back in place but there's not enough room to get behind it and push it on to the backside of the knob, perhaps dismantling the unit further will give me this access, worth a try as will need a replace it otherwise?

Old 03-02-2019, 07:46 PM
Received 287 Likes on 205 Posts

Howdy:
Looking into this a little more (using a magnifying glass) it appears that my extra knob has the nylon insert in it only because the insert broke off in it.
Below is a link to an EBAY assy that shows an unbroken white nylon insert. Some Oatmeal assemblys LH and RH are listed on EBAY ( caution,some pictured upside down )
Sorry that I started out wrong, but it did strike my curiosity. There are JTIS/PDF's on this forum for removal and replacing the switches assembly.

EBAY switch assy

The following users liked this post:
Cobrabp47 (03-03-2019)
Old 03-03-2019, 06:57 AM

Hi Dr. D
No you certainty did not start out wrong, in fact you've inspired me to check out the unit I have and to open the back up to see if I can reset the nylon insert on to the knob stalk or if in fact its broken as you feel yours may have been?
Initially I was shocked at the cost of the units on the E bay link you sent combined with the shipping costs from USA and will try locally. Mine is the center knob and will let you know how I get on and thanks also for the JTIS/PDF's suggestion, will I be able to locate a PDF user manual here as well?
Many thanks