XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

What LSD options do we have?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2021, 10:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,167 Likes on 756 Posts

Originally Posted by JgaXkr
If thought the 3.27 made a difference you would be blown away with the 3.77 & blue top solenoids.
No doubt about that but the need to compromise is unavoidable. The 3.27 15HU gives me good pick up improvement, a stronger assembly, limited slip and doesn't raise cruising revs too much.
50 years ago l might have gone for the lower gear, not so much today.

Old 10-03-2021, 04:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 918 Likes on 654 Posts

PortaRico,

Unless we do some Power-Mods, like Charley in Arizona, there is no need for an LSD.....Even with all the stuff I've done with the Pulleys, Large Cooler and Water Injector....I still don't get much Wheel Spin....not enough to pay what it would cost to buy and install an LSD... Now since they are no longer being made, it would be a real pain just to find a used one! If you find one somewhere close to Houston, I will be glad to go look at it...but today it would be pretty expensive!

Billy Clyde @ Cinco Ranch

Old 10-03-2021, 07:35 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by bcprice36
PortaRico,

Unless we do some Power-Mods, like Charley in Arizona, there is no need for an LSD.....Even with all the stuff I've done with the Pulleys, Large Cooler and Water Injector....I still don't get much Wheel Spin....not enough to pay what it would cost to buy and install an LSD... Now since they are no longer being made, it would be a real pain just to find a used one! If you find one somewhere close to Houston, I will be glad to go look at it...but today it would be pretty expensive!

There's probably a few valid reasons for not fitting an LSD Billy but l can't see cost being one for US owners.
l did a diff change to 15HU with new clutches, pinion flange and seal and odd bits plus ratio change module for under 1K.
That's aussie dollars down here where we pay for a part what you guys pay for a car.

Old 10-03-2021, 10:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,447 Likes on 775 Posts

I actually do get some wheelspin Billy, and I like drifting my car, but I don’t have as much control to do it with the open diff as I would with an LSD. Because of that I have gotten good at scandinavian flicks as its the safest way to initiate a drift with an open differential.

It must be apparent that I am a bit of a madlad. I do not slide my car in public roads unless they are completely devoid of traffic.

Old 10-04-2021, 06:05 PM
Veteran Member

baxtor & glandanielxk8,

First baxtor I would like to have the directions how and what Parts I would need to replace my Rearend with an LSD as you apparently have. If I could do it for under $1,000.00 or there about's, I would be in for it! I know that would make Glandaniel Happy also!

Thank you very much!

Old 10-05-2021, 12:58 AM
Veteran Member

baxtor & glandanielxk8,

First baxtor I would like to have the directions how and what Parts I would need to replace my Rearend with an LSD as you apparently have. If I could do it for under $1,000.00 or there about's, I would be in for it! I know that would make Glandaniel Happy also!

Thank you very much!
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...change-251133/
Above thread pretty well covered it Billy. As i stated you guys can buy vehicles over there for less than we pay for some parts down here so I can't see it costing any more than 1K so long as you can wield your own tools.

Old 10-05-2021, 11:38 AM
Veteran Member

Glandanielxk8....

If you decide to do this, please do it with the directions and photos like you did on the Headlight switch that you did....That was great and left little to be questioned....Baxtor has done a good job of explaining how to do it but if you do it...Please explain it a little better...such as where to get the Parts he has used and How to do the programing....If you do it, I will also...

Baxtor,
Thanks for the information....I will study it some more and will be in touch!

Billy Clyde

Old 10-05-2021, 01:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,447 Likes on 775 Posts

Glandanielxk8....

If you decide to do this, please do it with the directions and photos like you did on the Headlight switch that you did....That was great and left little to be questioned....Baxtor has done a good job of explaining how to do it but if you do it...Please explain it a little better...such as where to get the Parts he has used and How to do the programing....If you do it, I will also...

Baxtor,

Billy Clyde

Sure thing, however I don't see me doing this modification within this year. I first want to have my car resprayed because the clearcoat is failing.

Old 10-05-2021, 02:46 PM
Veteran Member

Glandanielxk8....

Baxtor,

Billy Clyde
Billy, the ratio change module creation and programming was covered in a pretty detailed thread by "chirpy" ( the creator) if you search his posts you will find it. Very informative.
Happy to explain better anything you want.