XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

What are they

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 05:50 PM
Received 287 Likes on 205 Posts
Default Time to move to the next step

Jack:
I think itis time to move to the next step. These mounting on the bezel appear to be part of a hidden radar detector. The question now is, do you have a $1500 detector or has it been removed except for a $1.50 worth of LEDs that are covering unsightly holes in the bezel? I am going to attach a pdf and yours may well be the K40-2000 model (red on left and right and multicolor clear in the middle. I would be looking for a front sensor in or around the grille and a hidden switch/ volume control within reach of the driver. My switch was behind the sunglasses door at the drivers left knee. (Some owners have not even dicovered this door yet.)
Also, look for a rear sensor probably near the state plate. Good luck... Hope you have all of it.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
1000_2000_OwnersGuide.pdf (209.0 KB, 466 views)
Old 10-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up

Doctor D, you got it right. Couldn't find any extra electronics front or rear but sure enough when I opened and unhooked the sunglass door there it was. I should have said there it used to be. Something was bolted or screwed to the back. When it was removed one of the holes got broken out. I know it was the 2nd owner who scavenged the parts. He tried to remove the Jaguar phone. Must have found out it didn't work in another car so he left the unit and antenae stuffed around the spare tire. I found the hacked off wires sticking out of the passenger A pillar and in the center console. Thanks for solving my problem, Jack

Old 10-03-2011, 09:09 PM
Received 287 Likes on 205 Posts

Jack:
Glad I could help contribute some info. If not for the help of this forum, the way the economy is affecting me now, it would be extremely difficult for me to have my Jag.