XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Window problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 07:17 AM
Received 67 Likes on 34 Posts

That makes perfect sense. If the system is ultimately simple, then it consists of only two things; the door ajar switch and a transducer - typically a potentiometer or encoder - that tells the controller about the window position. If the switch doesn't operate to indicate door ajar then you get my fault conditon (window won't stay down) and if it has failed 'on' or the linkage is disconnected etc., then AC0FC's condition occurs. Presumably, if the transducer signal isn't present then the window either won't move at all (encoder) or (pot') runs fully up or down, sits there, and blows a fuse :[ Speaking of which, what and where is the transducer device? Anyone know?

Old 11-11-2016, 09:38 AM
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I didn't want to think it was that simple, but it worked! Thx TestPoint! Now if you think the weak battery might be responsible for the the sporadic Stability, Traction, and ABS lights that come and go it would make my day!

Old 11-11-2016, 12:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 155 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by AC0FC
Now if you think the weak battery might be responsible for the the sporadic Stability, Traction, and ABS lights that come and go it would make my day!
All classic signs of a dying battery.