XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

window switch button

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 01:07 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default window switch button

After a detailing, the cover (up & down arrows) on a window switch popped off. On one side the little ear that had the hole for the pivot was broken off. I bought another switch ***'y on eBay cheap, for the passenger side (lots of those available) thinking I'd pry off the cover, but I don't want to break it too. Any suggestions before I attempt this delicate transplant? Maybe a heat gun?

Thanx, Rick

Attached Thumbnails window switch button-red-cat-wearing-wires1.jpg   window switch button-img_2569.jpg   window switch button-img_2570.jpg  
Old 07-04-2017, 01:47 PM
Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Rick,

I had the same thing happen a couple of years ago. I bought a replacement switch from the dealer. A bit pricy. I think it was around $100.

Installing it was pretty easy. You have to remove the wood surround. As I recall there is a screw which attaches that assembly which is exposed when you remove the rubber stuff in the door "card". I think there is just one electrical connection which is easy.

Not sure what a heat gun would do. The broken piece is replaced when you install the switch.

I remember the parts guy at the dealer remarked that he was surprised the switch last as long as it did.

Jack

The following users liked this post:
Orthodixie (07-04-2017)
Old 07-04-2017, 10:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Save your money and go to a junk yard (salvage yard) and get a window switch from early 2000's Ford Cougar, switch is exactly the same as the jaguars', hopes this helps you out and saves you money usually only cost me $5.