XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wow us with your XK8/R photos

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 01:53 PM
Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts
Default I agree with Billy C

I'm really liking the color of your metal top too Redeye. If your in England there has to be a nice spot to get us more pics. That car is beautiful.

Old 11-25-2017, 01:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 918 Likes on 654 Posts

Om28v,
Now that's one good looking Convertible!....can you imagine what it looked like with those ugly Amber Markers and Signals.....? Man, it is just all the difference in the World! Send us more photos of that Pretty thing!!!

Billy Clyde in Houston

The following users liked this post:
ThomasL (11-28-2017)
Old 11-25-2017, 02:20 PM
Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts
Default The cars lines are nice, the wood just kills me.

The wood.
And then to top it off...it drives up there with any of them. 300 hp is all I will ever need. I do think about y'all that have 400 from time to time. We both can go 154 mph if necessary.

ThomasL (11-28-2017)
Old 11-28-2017, 06:48 PM
Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Stripes!

Originally Posted by bcprice36
Tom,

That's a great looking '53 Studebaker! It reminds me of my Bro'-n-Law's '48 Coupe, the one with the Rear window that came all the way around and the Bullet-Nose...He called it the "MayFlower" because so many Girls came across in it.......I've always wanted one of those good looking Pick-ups they made back then...They are still in style! But Tom, I want to see more of you Salsa Convertible! How about practicing your Photo expertise on it! I think the 2005 - 2006 XK's look best of all with the Front Grill/Bumper and the Lower side- trim...

I'm glad that Media Bob sent the simple directions on Posting Photos! I've had problems with that as sometimes it works and then the others.......

Billy Clyde in Houston

2005 Jaguar XKR Coupe - Onyx/Ivory

Sorry but I only got (1) Photo to Print---I try again Thursday night!
Billy c, sly devil i hadn't noticed the little striping on the rocker panel--very slick, yet subtle. I may add some to mine once i get the shock tower bumpers replaced

Was in Canterbury last Thursday. My son and I walked through the city gate and right on the left side of main "street" is a Jaguar agency. When they post prices of the new cars in pounds, it almost seems within reach. Those were the only Jags that i saw all week. No x100s in sight, even in London. Of course it was wicked cold in London last weekend so the older Cats were probably locked up tight in their garages.

Thanks for the new picture.

ThomasL (11-28-2017)
Old 11-28-2017, 08:15 PM
Veteran Member
Smile The Rabbit is back!

JRabbit,

Where all have you been? I've never been to Canterbury but I was close when Miss Missy and I rode the Train to Paris.....What a thrill @186MPH!.....Sounds as though you had quite a trip....

Several years ago, I came up with the idea of the Stripes and had them printed so I could "Wrap" them on the "Rockers".....The Printer couldn't print in Chrome, so the 1/2" break between the Red and the Green is actually White...Then one day I found a sheet of Chrome "Wrap" and cut some 1/2" strips and covered the White.....The Green and the Red are the same color as the "R" Emblem just below the "Repeater" and when I put the Chrome on them.....It just makes it go "WOW"! I was worried at first that people might think they were Italy's colors but I made sure the Colors matched the "R" Emblem...the Chrome really sets it off.....Most of the "Wrappers" can also print on that stuff.....so I had a little extra printed in case of fade.....Wish now I had had more as several Guys have asked for some of my extra.....
I think it draws the eye to it and make the Front-end look lower.....

I got a couple clear "repeaters" and clear "Marker Light" covers, if you want them...but you will have to buy the "Chrome covered Amber Bulbs" from eBay or somewhere....Let me know if you want to get rid of those old "Amber" lens......

Billy Clyde in Houston

Old 11-29-2017, 05:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Back in the game!

Not my first XK, but certainly the cheapest I've ever bought. Yr 2000 XKR. A work in progress, so far a complete front end rebuild, cam chain and tensioners, with the rear crossmember due to come out soon and possibly a diff rebuild (somethings a little noisy back there.) A solid car though, I just need to stop driving it for long enough!

ThomasL (11-29-2017)
Old 11-29-2017, 11:13 PM
Veteran Member
Smile My Loaner Car....not Bad!

JRabbit,

What ever happened to PrettyBlueFin? I haven't seen her on the Forum since the trip to the Car Show...She wanted me to send some Photos of the A-M Loaner Car I was using back in August and September, while the Coupe was being sorted-out.....I went by the Shop last week and shot these Photos!
They've had it out back in the storage area since I left it and Man is it dirty!

2007 A-M Vantage - My Loaner Car for 6 Weeks

2007 Aston Martin Vantage My Loaner Car

It was fun but the Stick-Shift's Clutch is "Pretty Heavy", especially right after my Back Surgery......"Wow! that was no Fun"....but I'll tell you What!!!JRabbit, if you ever want to be noticed.....all you have to do is get one of these little jobs! Man, they even get out of their Cars to look at it!

Billy Clyde in Houston

The following 2 users liked this post by bcprice36:
prettybluefin (12-08-2017), ThomasL (11-30-2017)
Old 11-30-2017, 04:36 PM
Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Rabbit Tracks.

Originally Posted by bcprice36
JRabbit,

What ever happened to PrettyBlueFin? I haven't seen her on the Forum since the trip to the Car Show...She wanted me to send some Photos of the A-M Loaner Car I was using back in August and September, while the Coupe was being sorted-out.....I went by the Shop last week and shot these Photos!
They've had it out back in the storage area since I left it and Man is it dirty!

2007 A-M Vantage - My Loaner Car for 6 Weeks

2007 Aston Martin Vantage My Loaner Car

It was fun but the Stick-Shift's Clutch is "Pretty Heavy", especially right after my Back Surgery......"Wow! that was no Fun"....but I'll tell you What!!!JRabbit, if you ever want to be noticed.....all you have to do is get one of these little jobs! Man, they even get out of their Cars to look at it!

Billy Clyde in Houston
Haven't seen any posts from Pretty Blue Fin since the car show. She may be on her way to Texas to catch a ride in your loaner car. I have been distracted since the car show by a visit with my mother in FL, a couple of weekend sailing outings (original J-Rabbit), and with my son's recent commencement in UK. There was some talk at the end of the day to have another meetup in December but nothing was set. This time of year the commute in both directions from SD and LA to San Clemente on a Saturday can be wearying. Probably will have to put off any attempt to return until January when the folks can bring their new toys out. Give you time to drive out.

I did see one A-M while i was in london, looked like the newest version of Vantage Coupe. Silver Blue, Mostly Skodas, Fords and MINIs. So much other stuff to see, that i wasn't paying that close attention to car traffic--other than to look to the right before stepping off the curb.

The Black Cat keeps creating new problems that i feel like i need to stop reading the technical posts for fear of further jinxing it. I got the check rear brake lights warning--multiple posts on this fault point to a defective brake rest switch that requires a munchkin mechanic to replace; there sometimes is a tapping behind the dash which is attributed in some posts to the deteriorated shock tower bumpers (mine are crumbling and need to be replaced); there is some clunking in the front end on speed bumps which i originally attributed to the sports handing set up, but now think are the sway bar bushings which had the same same fault as shock towers--more posts; the auto headlight switch is not working--also covered by multiple posts; the rubber end cap on forward end of the left rear window molding is gone--i have a vague recollection of pick something like it off the floor of the garage before i knew what it was, i usually chuck those kind of UFOs in the garage "sock" drawer, but it is still hiding somewhere. I haven't seen any posts on this one yet.

Should be a busy 2018 for the local Cat Whisperer.

Have a Happy Holiday.

ThomasL (11-30-2017)
Old 12-01-2017, 03:58 PM
jap
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by enderle
You should post this picture in the XKE thread, we are really short of pictures over there. The building looks like something that came out of the World's Fair in the 1930s any background?
Remind me of the Farnsworth House. http://www.cgarchitect.com/content/p...olor_large.jpg

Old 12-01-2017, 04:29 PM
jap
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by chillyphilly
Took the girls out to participate in the Boise Independence Day Parade (with an English car, of all things). I did spot a Land Rover pulling a float so I wasn't the only one. I will admit the Jag had to be the most stylish car in the parade. All had a good time despite the almost triple digit temps.
I believe two of those girls were used as the design criteria for the back seat!

Old 12-02-2017, 05:37 AM
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jap
You guys are on the same page. That one is also designed by Mies van der Rohe.

Old 12-08-2017, 03:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My 04....

[img]webkit-fake-url://9c0b6f30-6219-4cf7-8df1-fe4ae716fda7/imagejpeg[/img]

Attached Thumbnails Wow us with your XK8/R photos-img_0024.jpg  
ThomasL (12-08-2017)
Old 12-08-2017, 11:56 AM
Received 117 Likes on 96 Posts

hi guys!

I have been super busy putting miles on my Coupe. all is well. Billy, that Aston looks sweet! that's gonna be my next ride...seven more years

here are some pics... I'm gonna do a color change on the body and wheels soon. it's a surprise

happy holidays to all.
xoxox

no front plate club

Old 12-08-2017, 11:58 AM
Received 117 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottXKR
[img]webkit-fake-url://9c0b6f30-6219-4cf7-8df1-fe4ae716fda7/imagejpeg[/img]
beautiful paint, what color? I'm looking at Aston Martin "seastorm" for mine...

Old 12-08-2017, 11:57 PM
Veteran Member
Smile Prettybluefin and those A-M's

It's nice that you are back on the Forum....Missed seeing that Pretty Silver Coupe! Welcome to the "No Front License Plate Club"! The Texas Coupe is a Charter Member, as I don't even have the Bracket that came with the Car anymore....The Silver XKR beats the Black A-M for looks any day but I can't say that about the Interiors...A-M has about the most beautiful Interior of any Car....It's sort of built around you like a glove....When you get in it just seems to close in around you with everything being just in the right place.....other than that, the Jaguar is the best looking of the two.

2005 Jaguar XKR Ivory Interior

2006 Aston Martin Coupe Interior

Stay in touch and Happy Holidays!

Billy Clyde in Houston

ThomasL (12-09-2017)
Old 12-09-2017, 07:47 AM
Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Billy,
I must be "old school", OK, I am old school but for me the simpler less cluttered Jaguar interior is my preference. The Aston's looks like all the other cars and is definitely more up to date, but i still prefer the clean look. Happily, there is no 'correct' answer so we can all be right. :-) Tom

Old 12-09-2017, 09:51 PM
Veteran Member
Question ThomasL--You're on the right track!

Tom,

We each have our own thoughts about our Cars....I love the way my Interior looks and it is very comfortable but Tom; it could use a little more flash...maybe not to the extent of the A-M but a little more.....Like, why do I have the rear seats? I use them all the time for a place to throw my Jacket or put my Briefcase...but I could do that a lot easier if it were just a nice little shelf back there......You know what I mean Tom as it could use more design skill.......The A-M doesn't mess around, as it knowns it's a 2 Seater and goes on about it's business....but the Jag Guys had to think about it and messed up!
They tried to fix it in the 2007 but they need to continue as it's still not there yet! You can't have a 4 Seated Sports Car..............Just doesn't work that way!!!

BC

ThomasL (12-10-2017)
Old 12-10-2017, 04:08 AM
Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Billy,
I agree with your comments. A teensey weensey bit more flash would probably work.

Some time ago I saw an XK8 that was for sale and someone had removed the backseat, put in a floorboard where the seat base was and removed the back of the seat. It was then upholstered, as I remember in a carpet like material (I would guess over plywood or masonite) and thus created a relatively spacious package area. It was extremely well done and looked very nice. I considered it, but then I have on occasion taken small grandchildren in the back seat so I left mine stock, and resale issues too.
Secondly, the new F-Type is a true two seater and it would not work for us, even if I COULD afford it. We go back and forth between Florida and Indiana in this car and we couldn't do that in a two seater without the backseat area. You should see it when it's packed.:-) Tom
For the purist who just uses it around town or races it two seats are fine.

Old 12-10-2017, 01:28 PM
Veteran Member
Smile ThomasL

Tom,

Wish I had a photo of that XK8 you were talking about...I would love to see what someone on the Forum has done with their Back-Seat area....That might be a good idea for a Thread! Tom, why don't you start one, if you think anyone else has customized that area of the car.......Might get some good ideas!

Billy Clyde

Old 12-10-2017, 04:55 PM
Received 252 Likes on 156 Posts

Quick Reply: Wow us with your XK8/R photos