XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Wow us with your XK8/R photos

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 04:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 709 Likes on 351 Posts

xkJoe,
I'm not biased (too much) but that blue/green metallic is one of the few greens that I really like.
As a matter of fact, back in 1996 I had a Ford Tarus and I believe it was that exact color.
what do you think?

Your car obviously is in another league but that color works really well.
wj

Old 06-29-2018, 07:52 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by redjaguar

Great for "sunny day" driving.

Passenger side headlight new.

Driver side headlight, new.
Hmmm quite shiny but loads of swirl marks and paint damage. Quite obvious on the 'headlight' photo.

Last edited by uksimon; 06-29-2018 at 07:55 AM. Reason: spelling
The following users liked this post:
JRabbit (07-01-2018)
Old 06-29-2018, 07:57 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by frankc

Is this really your car? Was it taken by a professional photographer?

Old 06-29-2018, 06:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 918 Likes on 654 Posts
Thumbs down NO, NO, NO!

Hey! UKSimon!

Do I have your attention? 10 Post on the Forum and the last (2) pretty much stink! I think if I were you, I would try another way to make Friends.....This route isn't going to cut it!

Billy Clyde in Houston

Old 06-30-2018, 03:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 668 Likes on 451 Posts

You are going to say wow for the wrong reasons

Clearly MacDonald's can be bad for your cars health as well as your own

Caused by a discarded McD's bag in the waiting bay against a hot catalytic converter, and yes it's a write-off

Hope it doesn't ruin anyone's day?

Woe is me!

Old 06-30-2018, 04:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 456 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by uksimon
Is this really your car? Was it taken by a professional photographer?

Yes its my car. If you look at any of my other postings in this forum https://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=75123&p=697823&viewfull=1#post697 823 After I got the personal registration plate of course. You will see its definitely my car. I know your on the other forums and have seen my work before anyway.

As for being taken by a professional I will take that as a compliment. I took that, and many other, photos. Its just a case of waiting for the right light at the right time of day and at the right angle.

If the guy who key'd my car did not get me wound up I am sure not going to let you. As Americans tend to say ......... have a nice day.

Oh and one last thing. I always thought eating at Big M's was bad for you. If it can do that to your car it must be awful on your insides, I do feel for you though. Must have been devastating.

The following 4 users liked this post by frankc:
bcprice36 (06-30-2018), enderle (06-30-2018), JRabbit (07-01-2018), simon3166 (07-01-2018)
Old 07-01-2018, 06:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 668 Likes on 451 Posts

Frank yes, but I've had almost 15yrs from mine so can't complain

Insurance company were surprised that the 'market value' of a 96 in launch colour was £2k more than a 2001 with less miles in any colour.

Have bought back for £500 and got a breakers to buy it for £1100, (which he'll get for just the wheels/tyres and lpg system) and then engine and tranny another £1k

Transferred the personal plate M16 XKB back to me, I got it as my name's Mark and I live @ no 16 and have an XK8 but have lost count of the number of times I've been asked:

Q) Are you MI6 ex KGB?
A) (in my most sinister voice) If I tell you I will certainly have to kill you!

I may go for an XKR 150 in a couple of years...but for now it's just not as beautiful in my eyes

Old 07-01-2018, 07:06 AM
Received 4,281 Likes on 3,701 Posts

Mark - ouch that hurts to look at!!!

Old 07-01-2018, 08:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,360 Likes on 2,851 Posts

My condolences as well. I hope you find a proper replacement for it at a reasonable cost....

Old 07-01-2018, 12:13 PM
Veteran Member
Smile Look what I found!

I found this out in the Parking-Lot yesterday!

Frankc & MarkyUK,

Mark, It's tough to see a Coupe go down that way....I think I will avoid the Golden Arches for fear of the same consequences,,, the last thing I would ever wish on anybody..... is to lose a Coupe! I'll bet you felt terrible watching it burn...SORRY!.....

Frankc, You are really good with the Camera! The photos you have Posted lately are very well thought out and I'm sure it took a while for things to come around to just the right light.....Wish we had some background Mountains here in the Houston area but I'll have to go to West Texas for that.....I'll keep trying to get some good shots here and there in the Gulf Coast flat lands with my trusty iPhone..... We have plenty of Clouds but no Mountains...…………..

All the best to both of you!
Billy Clyde in Houston, USA

Old 07-02-2018, 04:02 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks Billy nice of you to say so. I do enjoy my photography especially when I have something to nice to photograph.

I was just thinking how contrasting our areas are. I live in Malvern England. https://www.visitthemalverns.org/ Each photo or spot on the video in that link is less than 5 mins away. So lucky to live here totally surrounded by lovely countryside. My local church was built before 1117.

I imagine that Texas tends to be a bit dry? Nothing wrong with that of course just driving over there, I imagine, must feel totally different. With different types of scenery.

Thats a nice looking car you have. Black is a hard colour/color to keep clean. By the way did you notice you have the steering wheel on the wrong side?

Old 07-02-2018, 05:22 AM
Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Texas Time

Originally Posted by frankc
Thanks Billy nice of you to say so. I do enjoy my photography especially when I have something to nice to photograph.

I was just thinking how contrasting our areas are. I live in Malvern England. https://www.visitthemalverns.org/ Each photo or spot on the video in that link is less than 5 mins away. So lucky to live here totally surrounded by lovely countryside. My local church was built before 1117.

I imagine that Texas tends to be a bit dry? Nothing wrong with that of course just driving over there, I imagine, must feel totally different. With different types of scenery.

Thats a nice looking car you have. Black is a hard colour/color to keep clean. By the way did you notice you have the steering wheel on the wrong side?
Frankc, a word of caution. Texans can be very prickely when it comes to comments regarding their home nation/state. Hard to generalize about a space that large. There are some counties which seem larger than the whole of England. Sure, you can drive west from the border in a straight line for a day and it will seem like the highest point you come to is the highway overpass. Eventually you will come to the Texas badlands where the earth seems to drop away and roads wander along cliff faces and passes. See, Badlands of Texas | USA Today or the Texas Hill country. Some areas in West Texas are very dry (it still hasn't rained in 2018), but along the Gulf Coast it is very wet. Be careful buying used Jags from Houston this year. Texas farmer bragging to Vermont farmer "I can get in my truck and it will take me a whole day just to drive to the other side of my spread." Vermont farmer "Yup, I used to have a truck like that too." Texas is a very good habitat for very fast Jags, even in Black. Below are two picture of a Texas black cat recently adopted by a CA family. Pictures are taken 20 miles apart.

Last edited by JRabbit; 07-02-2018 at 05:30 AM. Reason: Supplement
The following 2 users liked this post by JRabbit:
bcprice36 (07-02-2018), michaelh (07-02-2018)
Old 07-02-2018, 04:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,387 Likes on 1,549 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkyUK
Hope it doesn't ruin anyone's day?

Woe is me!
Marky,
That would have completely ruined my day and at least the following month.
What a waste. Hope you find something to replace her soon.

Old 07-03-2018, 04:26 PM
Received 680 Likes on 489 Posts
Default Car Show In Bend Oregon

As usual I was the only Jaguar, they like American Iron here. Still some interesting cars (they put me with the Corvettes).

My baby with her new Corvette friends.

NIce T-Bird

A couple cars I'd like.

Just realized they bracketed the Corvettes with English cars that'sa TR6.

They LOOOOVE Fords here, still not a bad selection of them.

A few mustangs.

Now that's lowered...

My kind of T-Bird (we had a few of them).

MRomanik (07-04-2018)
Old 07-04-2018, 05:28 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by JRabbit
Frankc, a word of caution. Texans can be very prickely when it comes to comments regarding their home nation/state. Hard to generalize about a space that large. There are some counties which seem larger than the whole of England. Sure, you can drive west from the border in a straight line for a day and it will seem like the highest point you come to is the highway overpass. Eventually you will come to the Texas badlands where the earth seems to drop away and roads wander along cliff faces and passes. See, Badlands of Texas | USA Today or the Texas Hill country. Some areas in West Texas are very dry (it still hasn't rained in 2018), but along the Gulf Coast it is very wet. Be careful buying used Jags from Houston this year. Texas farmer bragging to Vermont farmer "I can get in my truck and it will take me a whole day just to drive to the other side of my spread." Vermont farmer "Yup, I used to have a truck like that too." Texas is a very good habitat for very fast Jags, even in Black. Below are two picture of a Texas black cat recently adopted by a CA family. Pictures are taken 20 miles apart.

Not intending to insult anyone. I just suggested that I thought yours was a pretty dry state, though I am sure you have some green bits in there too. Your, very good, last photo emphasizes my point lovely.

The following 2 users liked this post by frankc:
bcprice36 (07-04-2018), JRabbit (07-04-2018)
Old 07-04-2018, 02:30 PM
Veteran Member
Default Frankc, The "C"

Big Bend National Park

Houston, Texas USA
Frank,
My Buddy, JRabbit has been across Texas several times! I believe he traveled IH-10, which runs through Houston on his way from South Carolina to California. The Texas portion of IH-10 is 877 miles long..... Anyway, when you get to El Paso, TX from Houston, you are. about half way to LA! I live in Katy, TX, which is a suburb of Houston....actually it's just Houston pushing-out at the seams....I moved here from West Texas in 1965 and Cinco Ranch, where I live was five working Ranches, along with an awful lot of Rice Land....All that is Houses today!

Texas is actually several States all in one and each area of the State is different.... East Texas is mostly a Pine Forest, South Texas is Flat Ranch and Farming Country, North Texas is Rolling Hills and Farming with Cattle mixed in and then West Texas is really God's Country....Rolling Hills on West to the Big Bend and Mountainous "BIG COUTRY"! Then you've got the Panhandle setting up on the "Cap Rock" several Hundred miles of Flat Land, so flat that you can see the next Town at night! And Frank, the Stars are bright!.... "Really Bright"! Texas is it's own Country.....Then there's the Gulf Coast, Houston and Galveston....the land is pretty flat down here....Our hills are Freeway Overpasses and we've got the Gulf of Mexico....The 3rd Coast! Always something to do! And a lot of Traffic! It's all we got and we're keeping it! JRabbit talks about the Badlands in West Texas, that's what we call "Big Country" that's the "Big Bend"! I'm going to send some Photos of Texas, so you can see what I'm talking about...……….

My Ancestors on my Dad's side of the family came from somewhere close to the Malvern area...not sure of the Countryside over there but Grandmother was a "Hite" and her family came from Wales...couldn't be far!

Billy Clyde in Houston

The following 2 users liked this post by bcprice36:
JRabbit (07-04-2018), michaelh (07-04-2018)
Old 07-06-2018, 08:37 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Her baby

The following 3 users liked this post by brianwd40:
bcprice36 (07-06-2018), JRabbit (07-06-2018), sklimii (07-08-2018)
Old 07-07-2018, 05:49 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by brianwd40

Very nice. ............. The cars not bad too

brianwd40 (07-09-2018)
Old 07-08-2018, 01:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 1997 XK8

bcprice36 (07-08-2018)
Old 07-08-2018, 01:47 PM
Veteran Member
Smile JAG8 in Solvania

That's a good looking 1997 Coupe...Looks freshly painted and those Hydra's look so much better than the Revolvers that came on it....really nice looking Coupe! It looks Black but I've been fooled several times lately.. Next time you Post, why not tell us all about it?

Billy Clyde in Houston

JAG8 (07-09-2018)

Quick Reply: Wow us with your XK8/R photos