XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

XK8 A/C suction hose needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2024, 02:25 PM
Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts
Default XK8 A/C suction hose needed

Hello Everyone.

I'm new here and hope that someone can help me. I need to get hold of a A/C suction hose, (Low Pressure) that goes between the A/C compressor and the evaporator for a 1999 Jaguar XK8.

Anyone know where I can get hold of one. I am based in Los Angeles

Best, Stuart.

Old 05-15-2024, 07:20 PM
Received 8,147 Likes on 4,915 Posts
Old 05-15-2024, 11:46 PM
Received 146 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuguitar
Hello Everyone.

I'm new here and hope that someone can help me. I need to get hold of a A/C suction hose, (Low Pressure) that goes between the A/C compressor and the evaporator for a 1999 Jaguar XK8.

Anyone know where I can get hold of one. I am based in Los Angeles

Best, Stuart.
New ones do not exist, but are available on eBay. HOWEVER, there are many caveats. The hose cannot be removed with the engine in the car. I am not joking.

One alternative (the factory solution) is to cut the pipe in the middle, where it passes near the rear of the engine, and remove both halves. Then replace both halves with later-model pieces. They, too, are available on eBay, or I have the part numbers for new parts, if you like. I'm out of the country until next week. The caveat is that you need to remove the LH side catalytic converter to gain access to the compressor, via long extensions, in order to remove/reinstall that half of the hose assembly. This may, or may not, require removal of a chunk of the exhaust.

My alternative was to repair the hose in situ. It requires removal of the throttle body and the "adapter" that bolts to the end of the intake manifold. You then dremel off the ferrules and replace them and the hose with new, and re-crimp the ferrules. I have pix if you'd like. I can also loan you the crimping tool. My shop is in La Habra, so probably not too far from you.

Before doing anything, have you used dye, or a sniffer, or something, to pinpoint the leak to this hose? Mine would hold vacuum just fine, but when the system was pressurized the connection nearest the firewall would leak like a sieve.