XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

XK8 Going Away - Thank You to This Forum for 10+ Years of Helping Me

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 11:19 AM
Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts
Default XK8 Going Away - Thank You to This Forum for 10+ Years of Helping Me

Hey Guys,

Finding this forum when I bought my 06 XK8 in 2008 was such a great resource. The amount of time and money this group of Jaguar lovers has saved me can't be summed up.

A great group of people who really love a car that deserves our love, and in fact sometimes demand it.

With the exception of dealing with the Jag dealership while the car was still under CPO warranty owning this car has been a joy. 1 time in 11 years did the car require a tow when the battery and alternator were at issue.

And now with 124k miles the car still runs great and drives better than any of the other cars I test drove. I kind of thought I would drive my XK8 forever. I have the Victory Edition in Copper Black with the Ivory interior. And even being a 13 year old car. If the car has been washed, or at least looks semi clean every time I drive somewhere someone compliments the car. And living in Los Angeles there are lots of nice cars everywhere. But when clean, my car always ends up at the front of any valet station.

But it's getting harder and harder to keep the car 'perfect'. I started looking for a new car about a year ago. My Dad is driving a '12 Xk8 - and I always thought my next car would be a 2014+ XKR. But I was sad to see that my Dad's 2012 wasn't 'wearing' as well as my 06 and he lives in a much cooler place than I do.

Where I live in the summer the temps get hot, and having a convertible with a black interior wasn't an option. But the number of Xk / XKR available with a dark exterior / light interior is so few.

The F is physically to small for me, (and the wife and 3 small dogs). So this past weekend ended up becoming an SL owner. Ended up with Electric Blue Exterior, and a special edition 'Designo' White interior. Pretty car with all the whistles and bells. But not as smooth as the Jag, not as quiet as the Jag (road noise), and the door is like 4" higher so resting my arm on the door is not as comfortable either.

I'm not sure if it's allowed, but I would love to see my XK8 goto someone who appreciates the Jag for what it is. Sadly the actually $ value of these amazing cars is not much at this point in their life. So having this car I have baby'd for 11 years go to a Jag Lover and not someone with some cash looking for a convertible would make me feel better.

The stats on the car 2006 XK8 Convertible -- Victory Edition - Copper Black Exterior / Ivory Interior - Limited # of these made. Car has a new coat of paint. Car had a new convertible top put on last year (Green Death Hoses done at same time). 124k miles. New Coil Packs and Plugs 4 weeks ago. Tires in great shape. Transmission replaced by Jaguar with new at 55k miles. Clean Car Fax. I am 2nd owner. Car has ZERO mechanical issues and is ready to drive cross country. Issues with car - 3 out of 10 times you move the Driver's Seat forward or back the fuse pops - Pop a new fuse in and all the other seat functions work. The volume control knob on the stereo is finicky - but volume switches on steering wheel work fine. Typical XK8 The headrests don't go up and down. Leather interior is in great shape. I am missing the cover that goes over the convertible when the top is down. And when I had the convertible top replaced last year also had the headliner, A pillars, and visors all replaced in the same color -- Perhaps one of only a few XK8's in the world with all one color interior -LOL. If anyone is interested in adopting (buying) this car please let me know. In case a post like this isn't allowed I apologize, and I am not posting a price to avoid being a total rule breaker.

Again - I truly appreciate all the help this forum has given me, and can't say Thank you enough.

Dave B

The following 5 users liked this post by o2manyfish:
Atreus (09-09-2019), BradXK8 (09-09-2019), crbass (09-09-2019), EnjoyEverySandwich (09-09-2019), Orthodixie (09-10-2019)
Old 09-09-2019, 11:39 AM
Received 4,319 Likes on 3,732 Posts

Dave - recommend posting in the Forum marketplace where you can include price and pictures; then add the link to this thread. Hope she goes to a fellow enthusiast

Old 09-09-2019, 12:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,419 Likes on 755 Posts
Default O2manyfish- a lovely post on a car well loved

Well, a great marriage always ends in tears ... and it was a lovely piece you wrote on your car which you obviously loved. Let’s hope the car’s next owner is just as good.

All good old things have to end and the car will be lucky to find the next owner as careful as you