XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

xk8 nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 08:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 567 Likes on 514 Posts

Wow, another happy ending to a Sad Jag story!

Old 11-27-2013, 12:33 PM
ud
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad Cattitude
Wow, another happy ending to a Sad Jag story!
Indeed!!! I heard it running just now and it sounds great! They're going to fix the alternator pigtail connector and then all will be well!!! Getting the car back Monday!

Old 11-27-2013, 05:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 542 Likes on 423 Posts

Just double checking here- he replaced the engine harness and that fixed it?

Old 11-29-2013, 09:11 PM
ud

Yes dsnyder you were right but instead of replacing the whole wiring harness he just replaced the connector. Guess he soldered everything? Not too sure was really excited to hear it run. But he also replaced the broken pedal position sensor cable that was previously soldered by the shop who replaced the engine. They did a terrible job. It looked like factory work to the pedal position sensor after this guy got it. He knows his stuff. Will check back in monday. Hope they recharged my ac dont want that crappin out on me in the summer time. Dropping the top wont help here in Fl. It gets HOT.

The following users liked this post:
hardmat (12-08-2013)
Old 12-02-2013, 10:24 PM
ud

Well I got my car back today. Runs really well lots of power. One more issue to address though that is scaring me. Idk if the transmission is about to crap out or what but when I accelerate (it has done this since the *********** changed the fluid) there is a high pitch whine. Its only when you really get on the gas. It sounds like nails on a chalkboard. The transmission shifts just fine though! Not single miss or clunk nothing! Just a loud grinding noise. Hope its something minor because my gsxr just had a recall on the entire brake system.

Old 12-03-2013, 12:03 PM
ud

Well I saw a video on YouTube of a guy with a 5 or 7 series bmw 97 I believe and he changed the rear main seal and flushed the fluid. He said he had used an aftermarket filter and had the same exact noise as my car is making. I mean completely identical. Since I had the fluid changed at the dealer when I got a tcm in February do yiu think they will look at the car and fix this mistake? They obviously didnt do something right but the other than new suspension bushings o2 sensors and coolant expansion tank I dont think it will need too much more. Im trying to get this car perfect mechanically. Cosmetically outside it looks ok but the inside could use a new driver seat and steering wheel. What are everyones thoughts on the transmission whine though? Would the dealer look at the car now that it is running? They told me they wouldn't touch it before. I swear I will never get ANYTHING done at that place ever again.

Old 12-04-2013, 07:49 PM
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Congrats!! I am so happy to hear your Jag is back on the road.

You should have the transmission checked out any transmission shop should be able to tell you whats going on.
Without driving the car it's hard to say anything about what is causing that sound.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:30 PM
ud

Thank you for the reply. I also thought the suspension needed a serious overhaul. Turns out the alignment was out so bad my wheels were sitting diagnolly!! After an alignment no more shaking wheel. There alignment was out that bad! Had my girlfriend grab the wheel at 50 and we were both so impressed. This is how a jag should ride! Gonna replace the upper shock mounts and the o2 sensors. Any recommendations on them? Will the bosch work ok? I think the dealership didnt change the trans pan because the filter is concealed inside right? Looks like the same EXACT One I had before. Car is driving much better motor runs great put a new expansion tank on and no more leaking coolant. Hooked up my obd scanner and monitored the temp. Fans kicked on at 205 dropped down to 198. Staying cool! So so happy with the car now.

The following users liked this post:
Burdedw (12-06-2013)
Old 12-06-2013, 10:10 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Jdub, I've been watching your post and I'm very happy you finally got it figured out!
Dave B.

Old 12-06-2013, 12:29 PM
ud

Thank you burdedw. I thank everyone for their support. But I still would like to figure out this transmission whine. I think the filter needs to be changed.

Old 04-14-2014, 04:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default intrigued

would love an update on this story.
Im sure we all feel the pain in our wallets, with our loves, but always worth every penny in my book.
just hope you have managed to get that xk drive and performance.

Old 04-20-2014, 08:31 AM
ud

My car has been running great but the suspension is another story. It's pretty worn out and I would assume most of the components are bad. Sounds like the ball joints and I know for sure the upper shock mounts are toast. So it's parked in the garage with a cover over it while I ride my notorious 04 zx10. I call it the time machine cuz when you twist the throttle it feels like the movie back to the future. Although I usually cruise it's awesome to pull next to a corvette Mustang or any other sports car and just toy with them. I'm gonna do the upper shock mounts and the ball joints soon on the jag and hopefully I can drive it again soon.