XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Xk8 radio upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 03:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xk8 radio upgrade

I want to add bluetooth to my XK8. I tried the Parrott device but it only answers the phone and does not stream music, etc. due to the amp configuration. My installer suggested replacing the head unit, but I want it to look authentic. Has anyone found a single din radio fascia that looks nice?

Old 08-23-2014, 03:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,985 Likes on 2,124 Posts

Originally Posted by Darryl.duncan
I want to add bluetooth to my XK8. I tried the Parrott device but it only answers the phone and does not stream music, etc. due to the amp configuration. My installer suggested replacing the head unit, but I want it to look authentic. Has anyone found a single din radio fascia that looks nice?

If your Parrot supports audio streaming, it can be supported by adding an auxiliary audio input. See attachment.

Attached Files
Old 08-24-2014, 07:31 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

This is what I put in my 97 xk8. works great and streams music. Ebay has these for sale all the time. Great sound with phone and music through your stereo.

iSimple ISFM2351 TranzIt BLU HF Music Streaming Bluetooth Hands Free Kit

Attached Thumbnails Xk8 radio upgrade-bt.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
IXLLER8 (05-02-2017)
Old 08-29-2014, 06:51 PM

Great, now I know the Parrott will work with the Alpine unit in my XK 8, but I need the Alpine auxiliary udio switcher (ALP-AI-Aux). Amazon used to have them, but they now say unavailable. Any ideas?

Old 08-29-2014, 07:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,985 Likes on 2,124 Posts

This is another possibility: AUX-JAGCD Auxiliary input Adapter for Select Jaguar with CD Auto Changer :: iPod Adapters & Interfaces but they appear to be sold out.

Last resort is a direct wire such as described in this thread: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...-r-last-11943/

Old 05-02-2017, 02:22 PM

Has anyone had any experience with this device?

JAGCD-HF Bluetooth & Charging Kit for select Jaguar XK and XJ with CD Changer

JAGCD-HF Bluetooth & Charging Kit for select Jaguar XK and XJ with CD Changer :: Bluetooth & Streaming Audio

It advertises to be the aux input mention before, but also includes Bluetooth and a USB charging connection.

Any thoughts on the Discount Stereo product in general?

Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

I would be installed in a 2000 XKR convertible that to my knowledge has the original stereo equipment.

Thanks!

Old 05-02-2017, 04:08 PM
Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts

convgto69,
I like that idea, What model did you use, I don't see Jag in their line up but suppose Ford may work? How is phone reception with the roof down?

Regards

Old 05-02-2017, 08:54 PM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I just saw this review on-line.

"If you buy from DiscountCarStereo.com and things work they appear to be great BUT if the product is defective or fails in someway they want nothing to do with you. You will NEVER see a replacement product or your money back. Thankfully I was only ripped off $107.96; you could lose a lot more! Check the reviews (I wish I had) - they are poorly rated on many websites Stay away from this company."

Old 05-03-2017, 01:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by Phins1372
Has anyone had any experience with this device?

JAGCD-HF Bluetooth & Charging Kit for select Jaguar XK and XJ with CD Changer

JAGCD-HF Bluetooth & Charging Kit for select Jaguar XK and XJ with CD Changer :: Bluetooth & Streaming Audio

It advertises to be the aux input mention before, but also includes Bluetooth and a USB charging connection.

Any thoughts on the Discount Stereo product in general?

Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

I would be installed in a 2000 XKR convertible that to my knowledge has the original stereo equipment.

Thanks!
I don't have experience of that particular unit, but all they do is break out the left and right analogue audio lines that go from the CD player to the amp. You can do the same thing yourself with a pair of wire cutters and a soldering iron.

I used a Motorola T605 to get streaming Bluetooth audio in my car, by wiring the audio in/out connections on it, into the CD player cable in the boot.

If you don't know your way around a wiring diagram though, the discount car stereo device does look like a much simpler plug and play way of doing it.

Old 05-14-2017, 02:42 PM
Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

i've no experience of that unit either, (hey Nerja, is that you), though it seems to be an upgrade to its predecessor the P.I.E aux input adapter, in that it will only work if you have the premium amp fitted........ which i don't.
Also if there's a silent piece of music on the track, it reverts back to radio mode. so not ideal.
don't know if that new unit acts the same way.

i still believe the neatest cheapest simplest way of mp3's on the stock radio is with a versatile link and mp3 decoder board.
a decoder board will power up with the ignition on and continue playing the last track from when it last shut down with ignition off.
so it's fit and forget.
they're also amazingly cheap to buy. just $10 delivered from china.

Name:  DSCF0542_zpsybokdfn6.jpg
Views: 1888
Size:  162.2 KB

best of all, its all automatic.
just get in the car, start the engine and your mp3's play instantly without you having to touch anything......ever.

no brainer really.
happy listening.
sossybaby.