XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

XKR as a Four Door?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 06:51 PM
Received 680 Likes on 489 Posts
Default 4 Door XK

Originally Posted by DevSpider
Thank you for the link to the article, but on the closer inspection I realized that the article was written on Jan 7th 2009. Their plans did not pan out, although the sketch does resemble the now demised but handsome Fisker Karma.
According to my dealer the next XK design will be 4 doors now that they have the two door F.

Which front bumper is on your car? Don't recognize that one (and like it).

Old 07-02-2013, 07:25 PM
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

I like simple solutions.

How about making your current daily driver your weekend car and driving your Jag daily. The car would be happier.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:42 PM
Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Vector
That is why I bought my XJR, same drive train and performance, but 4 doors.
Vector
Yep, me too. Love them both!

Attached Thumbnails XKR as a Four Door?-img_5299.jpg   XKR as a Four Door?-%24-kgrhqf-rufginckopubrq7jft-ig%7E%7E60_3.jpg  
Old 07-02-2013, 08:48 PM
Received 63 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by enderle
According to my dealer the next XK design will be 4 doors now that they have the two door F.

That's not my car. My car is lite blue. I got the picture off the net. I like that look as well, but have no clue if its real or digital. Perhaps Paragon can create something like that?

Old 07-02-2013, 09:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,108 Likes on 764 Posts

Looks like the Aston Martin Zagato:
The Aston Martin V12 Zagato

I bet Tony could make you up something very nice.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Eshezo
DevSpider,

If you want to send me a couple of good shots of your XK I'll do a photoshop of it and you can get a good idea of what it would look like.

PM me for my email address to send the images.

rgds Shaun
Thanks for the offer to Photoshop Shaun.
I have a photo that the dealer from which I bought the car used to advertise it on the net. It's low resolution but should suffice. If not, let me know and I will take some pics over the weekend.

Attached Thumbnails XKR as a Four Door?-2005-jag-xkr.jpg  
Old 07-02-2013, 10:19 PM
Default Photo attached

Originally Posted by ccfulton
Looks like the Aston Martin Zagato:
The Aston Martin V12 Zagato

I bet Tony could make you up something very nice.
Here is a bigger image. The design does look striking - aggressive but "not in your face" aggressive. I also like the fender grill - not sure if it's functional, but looks as if it could be stock design.

Attached Thumbnails XKR as a Four Door?-jag-xkr-aston-martin-front-end.gif  
Old 07-03-2013, 11:10 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Question

LOL, That would leave me with two weekend cars and no daily driver
???? Why can't it be a daily driver?

Old 07-03-2013, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Ed M
???? Why can't it be a daily driver?
First off, I drive a lot of miles every day - mostly short trips. Being that I am in New York, i have to put up with stop and go traffic and, finally, the roads are terrible. Under such driving conditions, I will kill the suspension and the transmission rather quickly. Also, the Jag is a true grand touring automobile and it is a beautiful piece of machinery, which, I feel, is intended for long drives on smooth freeways. Driving it every day would simply make it just another car, which is how I feel about M37 (although M37 is truly a phenomenal vehicle in every respect.) The bottom line is that I enjoy the Jag in small doses. Perhaps when it's time to give up the M, I will consider the new XJ, which is also a stunningly great looking car, although a bit too bulky as a daily driver. The XJ will fit friends and family, although the exclusivity would be lost as XJs are overly abundant where I live and drive .

Old 07-03-2013, 04:49 PM
Received 150 Likes on 119 Posts

I was about to say on the daily...

What about an older XJ with the classic design language like your XKR? A ~2005 XJR perhaps? Maybe not as abundant as the new ones, or is this what is running all over the place? If I wasn't such an Audi guy for big sports-luxury sedans (and German nut on the whole), one of these would be my sedan pick for sure.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Sentinelist
I was about to say on the daily...

What about an older XJ with the classic design language like your XKR? A ~2005 XJR perhaps? Maybe not as abundant as the new ones, or is this what is running all over the place? If I wasn't such an Audi guy for big sports-luxury sedans (and German nut on the whole), one of these would be my sedan pick for sure.
I like the XJR, but I don't love it. I see them frequently but not as frequently as a MB S class or 7 series. It's not the point though. I really like my XKR and thought that it would be cool to have it extended. It would be an impractical 4 people sedan for everyday use, but, for a weekend it would give me a choice to ride alone or with family or friends. It would truly be an exlusive car - not another one like it around. If money was no object (Unfortunately it always is), I would go for it. I am still curious as to how it would look. Perhaps someone can really photoshop it. I think that it can truly be a beautiful looking, coupe-like sedan.

Old 07-04-2013, 04:19 PM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Thank you for the link to the article, but on the closer inspection I realized that the article was written on Jan 7th 2009. Their plans did not pan out, although the sketch does resemble the now demised but handsome Fisker Karma.
Nope Jaguar's plans did pan out. If you noticed, the 2009 article said the car would replace the (then) current XJ. Well it did. It is the NEW XJ that you see on the roads today. Looks at the illustration and then the new XJ,. They are very close.

Old 07-04-2013, 05:06 PM
Received 126 Likes on 110 Posts

Photoshop it, now there is a good idea!

Old 07-04-2013, 05:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 515 Likes on 333 Posts

Isn't a 4 door xk8 called a Panamera??

Old 07-04-2013, 08:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,577 Likes on 1,419 Posts

philhef,
What an insult. The Panamera is truly one of the ugliest vehicles I have ever seen, right up there with Alfa Milanos and Plymouth Valiants. There is no angle at which the Panamera looks comfortable in its own skin except maybe if you're laying underneath it looking up. What Jaguar have you ever seen that wasn't a sensuous, beautiful looking vehicle?

Old 07-04-2013, 09:02 PM
Received 126 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by tberg
philhef,
What an insult. The Panamera is truly one of the ugliest vehicles I have ever seen, right up there with Alfa Milanos and Plymouth Valiants. There is no angle at which the Panamera looks comfortable in its own skin except maybe if you're laying underneath it looking up. What Jaguar have you ever seen that wasn't a sensuous, beautiful looking vehicle?
I agree that the Panamera is not a good looking car.

However, to me, the worst looking cars of all time have to be the Gremlin and the Pacer. One was just fugly, and the other one looked like a cross between a horrible looking car and a terrarium.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 685 Likes on 556 Posts

Originally Posted by tberg
philhef,
What an insult. The Panamera is truly one of the ugliest vehicles I have ever seen, right up there with Alfa Milanos and Plymouth Valiants.
Hate to step into the middle of a private conversation, but I have to defend the Milano (Alfa 75).

As a former owner I will agree that it wasn't the best looking car that ever came out of Italy, but it suffered only in comparison to Ferraris, Lambos and other Alfas. Compare it to the U.S. cars of the 1980's and it looks downright handsome.

However, double-clutching it into 3rd gear coming out of a tight corner made it into one beautiful car. And it had 4 doors.

Old 07-04-2013, 10:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 567 Likes on 514 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin D
I agree that the Panamera is not a good looking car.

However, to me, the worst looking cars of all time have to be the Gremlin and the Pacer. One was just fugly, and the other one looked like a cross between a horrible looking car and a terrarium.
What about the Matador? (AMC cornered the fugly market, eh?)

Attached Thumbnails XKR as a Four Door?-1974_amc_matador_xrt.jpg  
Old 07-04-2013, 11:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 539 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Cat Man Do
What about the Matador? (AMC cornered the fugly market, eh?)

Too much ragging here on AMC. As I recall during that era (early 1970s) the cars from the Big Three were pretty boring. The AMC models at that time at least stood out from the pack and were pretty intriguing.

Doug

Old 07-04-2013, 11:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by enderle

Here you go Jaguar wants in on the hybrid supercar arms race

Quick Reply: XKR as a Four Door?