Old 12-17-2019, 11:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 897 Posts

Originally Posted by Gus
This is a 10yr old post and and that web page has been moved to
JagRepair.com - Jaguar Repair Information Resource

Gus
JagRepair.com - Jaguar Repair Information Resource
That's the point, Gus. Web sites change. Information disappears... So, people coming to the forum looking for answers are faced with a disfunctional data base.

The forum CAN provide and aquire an institutional style memery IF people describe and work to get thru people's particular dilemmas... Posting a link or saying download the JTIS is bullcrap and lazy...it's wise *** know it all, childish. Perpetuating a crap culture...

I work for many volunteer organizations... Any organization worth it's salt will regularly check into the institutional health of,,,, itself. Because people who have been around a while get crabby, stuck in their ways, impatient with the MOST IMPORTANT people in the room. The NEW PEOPLE... It's the new people, the inexperienced, that give this forum meaning... If the people didn't come asking,didnt have questions,,, didn't need guidance or could just go online and download and do a search for answers,,, what would be the point? Why have a forum? Why would we need, You?

Personally, for some members, I think the group needs a SERIOUS "community conscious" check up...

Telling someone with a question to - go look it up is ridiculous...

More,,, it teaches bad habits to new people who stick around. They will adopt, lazy, know it all and snotty. More,,, a HUGE amount of learning happens in the process of taking the time to describe and troubleshoot solutions (they are NOT all the same),,, as a short, medium or long term experienced member. It keeps it green, keeps people sharp. That's where the heart of a volunteer forum is... The magic.

Lol,,, should I post a link about group or institutional conscious? Jeeeeze Louise...

Last edited by JayJagJay; 12-17-2019 at 11:30 AM.
Old 12-17-2019, 04:29 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,213 Likes on 1,702 Posts

So sorry that you are not pleased with my links. I have been on this forum since 2008 and moderator for several years. I developed a webpage with links and procedures to help others and it seems to be working for many. Why links? I do this so I do not need to tell the same story twice and to prevent leaving out an important part of the procedure and I do it at my leisure. If a linked procedure provides you the information you are looking for then what is the problem?

This forum has several links and procedures bookmarked in the FAQ and I do hope it will help you along.

The following 2 users liked this post by Gus:
Don B (05-16-2020), JayJagJay (12-17-2019)
Old 12-17-2019, 05:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 897 Posts

Originally Posted by Gus
So sorry that you are not pleased with my links. I have been on this forum since 2008 and moderator for several years. I developed a webpage with links and procedures to help others and it seems to be working for many. Why links? I do this so I do not need to tell the same story twice and to prevent leaving out an important part of the procedure and I do it at my leisure. If a linked procedure provides you the information you are looking for then what is the problem?

This forum has several links and procedures bookmarked in the FAQ and I do hope it will help you along.
This forum helps me greatly. I rely on it and could not afford this machine if not for it. I am grateful... This is true for my newly acquired xk8, xkr, xjs and Porsche 928. And, an old bike... Again. Super grateful.

At the same time I know alllllllllll to well how it feels to come on a forum, needing, and be given a link, told to read more, or to do something else as opposed to having someone to engage with as I proceed with the task at hand. There is a difference (on the end of the loser who hasn't had a car like this for 12yrs) between that kind of attention & guidance,,, and a link or a suggestion to go and read and try to decipher a 4000 page jaguar manual...written in tech terms as opposed to human to human.

I know that I'm right (which doesn't happen often) in what I'm saying, lol

I love this forum... It's kinda all I got!

The following 2 users liked this post by JayJagJay:
DavidYau (12-17-2019), zray (12-19-2019)
Old 12-19-2019, 04:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,668 Likes on 989 Posts

I use the search function 1st, & (2nd, and 3rd too )

99% of the time I find so much information via the search that its redundant to start a new thread in order to move forward

the times I have started a new topic the members here were quick to help out with my issue of the day.

One cannot overstate the expertise this forum represents. My ‘02’XKR would have had a great deal of down time had I not been able to use this forum to keep it on the road 100%’of the time I’ve owned it.

Z

The following users liked this post:
michaelh (12-19-2019)