XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

XKR "Tourismo Sport"

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2020, 02:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 918 Likes on 654 Posts

Bill,
Don't feel like the only Dumb-*** in town! I was over in Sealy and noticed the Right Front was Flat when I came out of a meeting.....They are working on IH-10 between Houston and Sealy and I had hit something along the way and while I was in the Meeting the Sidewall gave-way. I called the Tire Store as I'm just to old to get down there with it anymore...and when the Tire Guy got there to put the Space-safer on I couldn't find the Lock removal tool....It had been in my Glove-Box ever since I had put them on and had use it to remove the wheels when I bought new Tires a year or so ago....but it wasn't there.....No way to get the Lock off without ruining the 20" BBS "Montreal" Wheel ($1,150.00 Bucks)! The Air Valve was missing also.....Hauled it to the Tire Store....No One in Sealy had ever scene an XKR much less had a #47 Locking Key-Nut to get the Locking Nut off the wheel...The Tire Store Owner and I got in his Pick-up and went for a Cup of Coffee. He was a nice Guy and he started telling me stories about things that had happened at the Tire Store over the years and I started thinking again about what could have happened to the Tire and Air Tools that I had in the Glove Compartment...He suggested that since Miss Ohio drives it occasionally, She might have moved them some where else in the Car.....I called her and She laughed and told me She had placed all that junk in a Light Bulb Box and put it in the trunk down beside the Space-safer.....The Guy was happier than I was.....I even paid for the Coffee...Now, back at the Shop he said the Tire was not repairable and he might have to order one but then he told me that he had ordered some Tires for Hennessey, the Corvette, Cadillac Hot Rod Shop in Sealy and that there might be one of that size in the order...I was lucky as he had the exact same Tire in that order and he let me have it...Now that's real Luck....Sealy is about 30 miles west of Houston on IH-10..Life turned out to be good that afternoon!

I just saw and read the Thread entitled XKR "Tourismo Sport"....It's been awhile since PBF....I wonder if She had this Stuff that's going around?

Billy Clyde

Billy Clyde